Informa Tech is the market-leading provider of integrated research, media, training and events to the Technology community.
We're a global business of more than 600 colleagues, operating in 60 markets. Our purpose is to help drive the future by inspiring the Technology community to design, build and run a better digital world. We do this by informing, educating and connecting the community through our market-leading research, media, training and event brands. Every year, we welcome 2.700+ subscribers to our research, more than 3.8 million unique visitors a month to our digital communities, 42.700+ students to our training programs and 200.000 delegates to our events.
At Informa Tech, the many amazing brands we operate are successful due to the people that produce them. They require experts, in the market and in their function, working together to allow the Tech community to freely exchange ideas, connect around compelling issues, discover new opportunities, and attain the intelligence they need for sound business decisions.
We're looking for a Business Development Manager to join us, to work with the best in the events industry. The Business Development Manager will be part of a team who are passionate about the customers they serve and dedicated to excellence in everything they do.
The role is for the Telco Networks and Services Portfolio worth over £1.4m in total, and an excellent opportunity work on an exiting mix of events around the world.
- Telco AI Asia
- 5G Core
- Telco AI Europe
- Edge Computing Congress Asia
- Edge Computing Congress
- NFV Americas
- Global Carrier Billing
The right candidate will be working on all 7 events, working as part of a sales team of 3. The candidate would be reporting to the head of Sales.
- To secure sponsorship and exhibition revenues in line with Portfolio needs and personal targets, building and maintaining a strong forecasted pipeline of opportunities
- Generating new business, qualifying strategic selling opportunities and target market/clients
- Developing key accounts and existing client relationships, identifying and converting opportunities to cross/up-sell
- Producing quality proposals and contracts to aid the sales process, providing innovative solutions based upon a deep understanding of Informa Tech product base
- Business partnering effectively with internal Marketing/Ops/Production team to ensure accurate delivery of client/event requirements
- Building a thorough understanding of the Technology, Media and Telecoms market, Informa Tech clients and their competitors
- Attending key industry and competitor events
- Several years SpEx / Media / b2b / industry relevant sales experience
- Demonstrating a consultative sales process in handling complex briefs, responding with considered and creative solutions
- Undertaking mapping exercises on both product and client base, and competitor landscape
- Engaging with stakeholders at a senior level, comfortable in cross/up selling to both acquire new business and grow existing accounts
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com or similar systems
Personal Attributes & Behaviours
- A confident and articulate verbal and written communicator who can foster strong relationships both internally and externally
- Possesses excellent prioritisation skills, has the foresight to anticipate obstacles and displays tenacity in overcoming them
- Has gravitas and mental agility when presenting solutions
- Takes pride and personal responsibility for maintaining the Informa Tech brand