London Tech Week has steadily grown over the last few years and now is a really exciting time to get involved.
Based from our High Street Kensington location you will be responsible for delivering the marketing communications for London Tech Week, to raise awareness and drive engagement throughout the global tech community. Reporting into the Head of Marketing, the Marketing Manager will be a collaborative individual who can work well as part of a team and deliver against tight timescales in a multi stakeholder and busy environment. The Marketing Manager needs to have a proven track record of the planning and delivery of multi-channel campaigns for both B2B and B2C audiences.
Key Responsibilities for the Marketing Manager Role:
London Tech Week Communications
You will manage and deliver London Tech Week communications to generate sponsorship leads, event bookings, and event host sign ups.
- Support on defining and implementing the overall marketing strategy for London Tech Week to create a community wide event and deliver sponsorship, visitor and event host revenue.
- Plan, budget and implement effective marketing campaigns to drive event host sign ups, sponsorship leads and visitor numbers, with an emphasis on digital channels.
- Build relationships and secure media partners, from acquisition through to implementing deliverables and reporting on results.
- Support on data build to ensure entire tech ecosystem is represented across all audiences.
- Fulfilment of marketing deliverables within sponsorship and event host packages across the product and community websites.
- Work closely with the Web team to develop and update the London Tech Week website.
- Support on development and improvements to the London Tech Week app and manage the day to day running of this.
- Be innovative with regards to how we engage with the entire tech community and understand their aims and ambitions for London Tech Week.
London Tech Week Fringe Events
You will be responsible for generating and nurturing a community of passionate individuals and businesses to be part of London Tech Week, by delivering their own event during the week.
- Support on defining event host packages and pricing.
- Develop and improve support materials provided to fringe event hosts to help them to promote and deliver their event successfully.
- Encourage and develop fringe event hosts to be advocates of London Tech Week.
- Ongoing management of fringe event host queries.
You will plan, manage and deliver the marketing of startup initiatives at London Tech Week and throughout the year to meet business KPIs.
- Create the marketing strategy and deliver campaigns aimed at securing startups and investors to participate in events.
- Build partnerships with key organisations within the startup community.
Collaboration and Reporting
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders and founding partners of London Tech Week to ensure alignment of the key messages.
- Work closely with the TechXLR8 team to ensure all opportunities to promote both events are maximised.
- Review campaign analysis to ensure ROI, delivering weekly reporting on event and channel performance.
- Ensure good levels of communication across production, logistics, telesales, sales and marketing.
- Day to day management of areas of the London Tech Week marketing budget.
Key Performance Indicators
- Event host sign ups, sponsorship, visitor numbers and revenue
- Marketing campaign performance metrics
- Timelines are adhered to for all campaign activities
Knowledge and Experience Required for the Role
- Proven track record of delivering digital campaigns and working in a B2B environment.
- Desirable – formal marketing qualification or certificate, and/or degree level education or equivalent
Attitudinal Attributes Required for the Role
- Motivated to perform
- Adaptable to change and a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys a challenge and finding solutions for problems
- Positive in outlook and approach
- Strong prioritisation skills
- Ability to work with and engage with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to take decisions and lead on projects, whilst managing various stakeholders’ expectations.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.