The Light Reading Network is part of Informa Tech and performs a vital function delivering informative content to its digital communities, totalling over 500,000 registered users, 1.3 million-page views, and 220,000 newsletter subscribers. Brands include; Light Reading, Connecting Africa, Broadband World News, The 5G Exchange and Telecoms.com.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Director, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Light Reading Network team, working across the portfolio of digital media platforms and events, within the B2B communications sector, with a key focus on marketing activity, delivery and support across the business.
About the role:
As Marketing Support Specialist you will work closely with the Senior Marketing Director on the delivery of multiple processes across our products including; strategic client programs, social media management, driving in bound leads for our sales team, producing marketing collateral, supporting several events including two awards programs. You will also support the Senior Marketing Director on a day to day basis across ad hoc marketing requests (data counts, uploading banner ads, publishing press releases, running reports, updating newsletters, scheduling emails, etc).
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious marketer looking to join a portfolio of established titles at an exciting phase in their development. Investments are being made to ensure all our brands continue to be the place to go for industry professionals and we’re building a team that wants to grow with it.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting strategic client programs including webinar series, multi-sponsored survey reports, ebooks and new product initiatives – helping to ensure targets are met and that campaigns perform to the highest of standards.
- To support the Marketing Director in executing the social media strategy across the business to grow our social audience; including keeping accounts up to date, sharing best practice with team, providing performance updates.
- Working closely with the Marketing Director and sales team to build our sales prospect database and create campaigns which drive awareness of our products and services to generate sales leads.
- Assisting on several events throughout the year, including breakfast workshops, one day conferences and awards programs. Includes supporting marketing campaigns, driving entries/registrations, liaising with event operations and assisting with on-site logistics.
- Work closely with our in-house production team to produce media kit collateral in print and online for our products and events.
- Work with our in-house production team to create marketing collateral to support digital campaigns including banner adverts, social graphics and HTML email images.
- Create and execute email campaigns with ongoing monitoring of campaign performance to maximise performance and improve conversion rates (including testing different creative formats, messaging, positioning and A-B testing).
- Create monthly marketing update reports for the team which cover website, newsletter, campaign metrics and performance. Highlighting areas of key performance/what’s working/what isn’t.
- To provide sales team with strategic program delivery updates, including case studies, bench marks, best practice and educational resources on what makes a successful campaign; give them ammunition to show clients how successful we are at what we do.
- To conduct regular competitor analysis, SWOT analysis and reader/advertiser surveys and other marketing activities which benefit portfolio performance.
- Manage media partnerships with internal and external events to ensure high visibility of our brand.
- Build & Segment data using our internal database, along with database management to ensure our data is clean, up to date and responsive.
Essential skills required for this role:
- Proven marketing experience working in a similar role for a minimum of 2-3 years
- Must be an ambitious, self-starter with the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced business
- Possess significant experience in marketing operations and delivery
- Strong copy-writing skills across a variety of formats/channels
- Must be a creative thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Be able to prioritise & juggle multiple projects with strong organisational and time-management skills
- You should be able to respond well to working under pressure
- Must possess excellent client facing communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of social media platforms, with a strong sense of different community behaviour’s and experience using social media
- Experience of Google Analytics and related tracking technologies
- Working with email software platforms and HTML familiarity
Why work for Informa?
- Learning and Development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday!
- Fabulous new office at Blackfriars with views across London, an onsite gym and restaurant, and a variety of amenities nearby
- Get to work with market-leading products across the Lloyd’s List group of services
- Life assurance
- Other flexible benefits include Healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans
- 5% Pension match
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular Social Events and Networking opportunities
What you can expect from us
- A FTSE 50 company with a start-up ethos
- An adaptable working environment with flexible hours
- Open plan, flat structure, high-trust meritocracy
- Opportunities to grow and develop
- The chance to make a real impact
What we expect from you
- You think big and get the details right
- You thrive on new challenges and opportunities
- You take responsibility and get the job done
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.