Staff Writer, Security – Informa Tech | Remote
Light Reading, a division of Informa Tech is seeking a staff writer to work as part of a competitive, distributed newsroom that provides daily coverage of the technology, people and finance powering the worldwide communications industry.
Light Reading (www.lightreading.com) is headquartered in NYC and combines its research-led online communities and targeted events portfolio to help those in the global communications industry make informed decisions. Lightreading.com is the ultimate source for telecom analysis for more than 400,000 subscribers each month, leading the media sector in terms of traffic, content, and reputation. Light Reading produces targeted communications events and focused one-day conferences each year for cable, mobile, and wireline executives across five continents.
We are the ultimate business-to-business source for telecom news and analysis for more than 400,000 subscribers each month, leading the media sector in terms of traffic, content, and reputation.
This position will report to the US Bureau Chief of Light Reading and can be based anywhere in the US. Even Texas!
In this role you will:
- Write and edit multiple breaking news stories each business day.
- Produce a mix of breaking news stories, interviews, trend stories, and narrative features, as needed, for the flagship site: www.lightreading.com.
- Be curious and eager to experiment with new media and content formats.
- Represent Light Reading on panels and at events discussing your coverage area and telecom industry trends, as needed.
- Take a collaborative approach to work with colleagues across the Light Reading editorial group and Informa's properties.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Be an accomplished journalist with 4-5 years of experience writing business news and feature stories about cybersecurity people, companies and technologies in a clear, direct, engaging style.
- Be comfortable summarizing and sharing their reporting and analysis in multiple media formats (video, social media, newsletters, podcasts, etc.), as needed.
- You are inquisitive and eager to experiment with new media and content formats.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to present on panels and events
- You have a collaborative approach to working with internal and external stakeholders
This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and evolving business. Light Reading is part of Informa, one of the world's leading business intelligence, publishing and conference companies.
Cast from the combination of Informa and UBM, Informa Tech is a market leading B-to-B information provider with depth and specialism in the Information and Communications (ICT) Technology sector.
We’re a global business of more than 600 colleagues, operating in more than 20+ markets. Our purpose is to help drive the future by inspiring the Technology community to design, build and run a better digital world.
We do this by informing, educating and connecting the community through our market-leading research, media, training and event brands.
Every year, we welcome 7.400+ subscribers to our research, more than 3.8 million unique visitors a month to our digital communities, 18.200+ students to our training programs and 225.000 delegates to our events.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group.
We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays, birthday holiday and time off to volunteer!
- Paid parental leave
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development & training opportunities
- Health & Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- The ability to work from home and maintain a work-life balance