Editorial Director, Light Reading
Light Reading, part of Informa Tech, is seeking an Editorial Director to undertake a senior management role within an international editorial team.
The Editorial Director would work alongside, and report to, the Editor-in-Chief to determine and implement the editorial strategy of the Light Reading group and be a member of the Light Reading group management team.
The role would preferably be based in the UK.
The Light Reading group comprises multiple digital properties, including the flagship site Light Reading, Telecoms.com, Broadband World News, Connecting Africa and Security Now.
The Editorial Director will:
- Be an accomplished journalist with more than five years of experience writing business news and feature stories about the telecom/networking sector in a clear, direct, engaging style.
- Have experience of multimedia editorial practices (video and audio).
- Have a broad and in-depth understanding of the global telecoms ecosystem and an extensive set of senior industry contacts.
- Liaise with the Editor-in-Chief to determine and implement the editorial strategy of the Light Reading group.
- Act as line manager to Light Reading group editorial staff based in EMEA and Asia.
- Play an active role in managing Telecoms.com alongside the Light Reading group's EMEA sales lead.
- Produce regular independent editorial content (written articles, videos, slideshows, polls etc) for publication across the Light Reading group titles.
- Manage Light Reading group editorial processes in EMEA working hours, including the editing of articles, videos etc on a daily basis.
- Lead group editorial video activities in EMEA.
- Engage with and manage contractor/freelance editors as and when needed.
- Liaise with the Light Reading management team to advance the group's product/services/business strategy.
- Liaise with Informa Tech colleagues to advance the division's strategy (eg by participating in relevant working groups)
- Foster relationships between the Light Reading group and Informa tech events, analyst and training units to mutual benefit.
- Play an active role in Light Reading group events and awards programs, including presenting/hosting roles as needed.
- Represent the Light Reading group at industry events, either as a participant or an active attendee, contributing unique editorial content to the group from those events.
- Be the cheerleader for quality coffee sourcing and consumption within the Light Reading group and broader telecoms industry.
This position will report to the Editorial-in-Chief and/or General Manager, Light Reading group.
This is a unique opportunity to play a leading role in the telecom industry's leading publication. Light Reading is part of Informa, one of the world's leading business intelligence, publishing and conference companies.
Light Reading and its parent, Informa, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.