Data Research Associate – Informa Tech | Southfield, MI
Wards Intelligence is a part of Informa PLC, a leader in automotive industry consulting and information services.
Wards Intelligence has covered the auto industry for more than 80 years, serving automakers, suppliers and industry observers with a wide range of online resources, data products, automotive conferences and consulting. Today, we reliably track and interpret market size, trends and movements, delivering forward-looking intelligence, statistics and insight. Our information products help key decision-makers within automakers, suppliers and financial institutions measure their businesses, illuminate opportunities, and evaluate risks.
We are seeking an analytical Automotive Data Research Associate to work in our Southfield, MI office.
Your new role:
- The Automotive Data Research Associate is responsible for efficient planning, collection and maintenance of automotive data sets, generating data reports, conducting research support for consulting projects, and providing written analysis of the data.
- Collect, prepare, update, and quality check automotive datasets.
- Work with advanced MS Excel techniques including formulas, macros, formatting, and graphing.
- Run reports from Wards database tool and post to subscriber website.
- Conduct research to support team and client projects.
- Contributes to the creation of custom intelligence reports using both internal and external data.
- The ideal candidate is a team player who has experience working with data, strives for accuracy, excels at investigating data issues, and is comfortable with data analysis and report creation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Experience with MS Excel required
- Strong base of analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability work effectively with team members, data partners, and clients
Informa Tech provides market intelligence, news and analysis, bespoke consulting services, industry events and specialist online training to millions of customers worldwide through online platforms and multimedia subscription services. We provide businesses, professionals, academics, scientists and governments with information, so they can act, and ultimately make valuable and profitable decisions.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group.
We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Paid parental leave
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success