Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, FN PLATFORM and CHILDREN'S CLUB. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic shows will translate into stronger shows for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised shows, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, InformaFashion serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas and Japan. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, accessories, and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced customer experience leader with success establishing and running a new Customer Experience function. The role will be responsible to hire, train and manage a new team of Customer Experience Specialists and an Operational Communication Specialists. Primarily focusing on the operational aspects of the on-boarding experience after contract execution, this role requires heavy collaboration with sales, sales ops, event operations, marketing teams and vendors. Reporting to and closely collaborating with the VP of Business Integration and VP Transformation, this role will focus on creating the definition and execution of the organizational Customer Experience capability. Ultimately, this role will be responsible for leading all aspects of Fashion’s exhibitors ’onboarding journey’ across the portfolio in a fast moving and evolving business environment. This role should drive retention of customers by increasing exhibitor satisfaction, which in turns plays a pivotal role in revenue generation.
Primary role objectives include: creating, driving, and sustaining a world-class exhibitor experience. This is a critical role in leading forward our Customer 1st philosophy by delivering beyond the expectation of our client base through.
Role Accountability and Duties:
Key areas of responsibility:
- Defining and leading the strategy, execution and dayto-day Customer Experience operations and overall function
- Defining the end-to-end process on-boarding experience that considers the customer at every point of the journey from contract execution to getting to the show.
- Driving commercial performance through exhibitor retention by delivering high customer satisfaction levels.
- Partnering with internal and external cross functional stakeholder groups to understand needs and areas of opportunity and ensure alignment
- Acting as the voice of the customer in all internal conversations
Managing exhibitor experience
- Embody and exuberate a Customer First mentality; working with our exhibitors before, during and after the event to EXCEED their business objectives.
- Lead development and execution of inbound and outbound efforts to ensure smooth participation in our events
- Understand Fashion marketplace differentiators and lead communication to address the uniqueness while maintaining a consistent process
- Create, share and update knowledge directory and scripts
- Work with show exhibitor portal Product Manager on content posted in the exhibitor portal to ensure alignment
- Collaborate with event operations, and other cross functional teams to ensure information shared onsite is accurate and effective
- Work with the Event Operations Leads to develop and maintain the Exhibitor Manual or/and Kit for our events
- Work with our other vendors (A/V, registration, housing, etc.) as it pertains to show information
- Serve as Point of Contact and Subject Matter Expert for stakeholder questions and issues
Creation of Customer Experience Organizational Competency
- Hire, train, mentor and lead an engaged and empowered team. This includes facilitating ongoing team trainings, development and performance management.
- Communicate defined strategies to your team and our internal stakeholders, ensuring our exhibitor experience and performance expectations standards are met, consistently providing a high-quality customer experience.
- Manage structured and unstructured communication to ensure clarity and priority tracking around group goals, identification of opportunities and challenges, and management of timelines, show requirements and team KPIs
- Champion opportunities to consistently improve the quality of the exhibitor post contract on-boarding experience
- Collaborate with Event Operations to support the onsite Floor Manager functions and onsite exhibitor experience.
Develop a system of customer insights to enable data-driven exhibitor experience decision-making
- Create key performance metrics to measure customer experience, capturing customer behavior, analysis of results, and formulate recommendations
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the exhibition industry, customer, and technology trends
- Implement third-party client services Fresh Desk solution that will integrate exhibitor engagement channels into a single system. This will allow insight and the ability to make data-based decisions related to resource management.
Conduct regular and ongoing assessment with our customers to look for continuous improvements in our customer onboarding journey and report back on your findings
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- 6-8 years of experience managing call centers and customer service teams; Experience in the Exhibitions industry a plus.
- Five plus (5+) years of experience in leading customer experience or customer service initiatives
- Knowledge of customer service technologies and processes to improve customer experience
- Ability to track and utilize data and analytics to improve customer experience
- Strong project management and organization skills to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication to internal and external partners, stakeholders, and clients
- Confidence in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) skills
- Innovative mindset and positive attitude!