The Senior Manager, Visitor Experience reports to the Customer Experience Director and is responsible for creating and developing a visitor experience strategy that enhances the overall experience for visitors to our shows. Create a visitor insight programme that gathers valuable feedback and considers every touch-point of our visitor journey. The Senior Manager, Visitor Experience will work closely with the Customer Experience managers and other members of the CX team, operations teams and show teams. He/she will be passionate about doing the right thing for the customer, be energetic and not afraid to take risks and make bold decisions.
The Senior Manager, Visitor Experience will bring a range of knowledge and experience having previously managed customer service or events teams. They will have outstanding operations management expertise, and a proven understanding of what it takes to manage and motivate a team of people to deliver an excellent customer experience. They will be highly organised, clear thinking and able to balance multiple demands from a diverse range of stakeholders. An experienced people manager with a track record of creating and fostering a high-performance culture and will be comfortable working collaboratively with colleagues across the business and region to deliver a seamless visitor experience.
Key Performance Indicators
- Achievement of visitor NPS targets within timelines
- Increase in visitor satisfaction scores
- Implement projects and initiatives prioritised through the Visitor Experience Strategy.
- Timely & accurate reporting of metric results and activities
- Map the end to end visitor journey (pre, during and post show)
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures thorough understanding of the visitor journey requirements, as-is and to-be processes & procedures and target operating model to contribute to the successful delivery of projects
- Provide and support the implementation of CX customer journey by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; Work closely with them to ensure development of the best systems, with a shared strategy for maintaining & enhancing processes, solutions and business benefits
- Perform review of current non-standard processes / reporting and the impact on Platform design and to-be processes
- Design and document process flow for the business solutions scope of Operations project
- Assess business process and system inefficiencies
- Take the lead in the realignment of the CX journey processes from a product-centric model to a customer-centric model, to deliver improved customer experiences for our visitors
- Capture and understand the pain points that occur at the various visitor journey touchpoints and develop continuous improvement plans as appropriate.
Visitor Experience Strategy
- Research every touch-point of the Visitor Experience to develop a thorough understanding of our visitors and non-visitors.
- Understand Visitor Experience best practice, across our shows and non-Informa shows
- Work with the CX Director and event directors to develop a Visitor Experience Strategy, to improve our Visitor Experience to a world-class standard.
- Provide critical reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify projects, shape and structure them, negotiate with teams across the business who will play a role and drive those projects forward
- Be responsible for the operational delivery and communication of the Visitor Experience Strategy
- Review current practices and performance. Challenge the various show accepted working practices and recommend innovation and improvement.
People, Stakeholder Management and collaboration
- Lead and manage a small team to deliver great visitor experiences
- Work closely with operations and the Customer Experience team to execute all deliverables
- Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
Metrics and Data Insights
- Lead and drive Visitor Net Promoter Score initiatives through the analysis of client feedback and performance insights
- Create KPI’s to report performance against the Visitor Experience Strategy.
- Ensure that visitors’ opinions are being listened to both passively (feedback from customers) and actively inviting feedback).
- Maximise feedback opportunities and respond to changing practises.
- Analyse and recommend solutions to recurring issues, strengthen understanding of customer feedback throughout the organisation.
- Measure and analyse our processes and services through different ‘lenses’ such as customer journey & customer needs as well as process efficiency & effectiveness
- Identify ways to increase adoption and customer satisfaction
Background Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- An excellent record of leadership and results achieved through teamwork, gained in an events or leisure/visitor services sector.
- Be able to act independently on information provided directly from a member of the senior management team without further direction.
- Excellent communication and motivational skills. The ability to negotiate with more senior staff and with trade show representatives, to achieve results and good working relationships.
- The ability to think and work dynamically, respond quickly and intelligently to rapidly changing situations and to take decisions with the minimum of supervision or advice.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of commonly used business software
- Able to influence without authority
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- Willingness to travel extensively across the EMEA region
“Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin”