Inform Markets are looking for a talented Deputy Editor to cover Seatrade Cruise conferences and publications in both print and digital, reporting to the Seatrade Cruise Review Editor (UK) and Seatrade Cruise News Editor (US).
This position is an excellent opportunity to join a well-respected industry leader in the exciting, fast-paced global Cruise industry!
DEPUTY EDITOR SEATRADE CRUISE NEWS
Covering cruise issues EMEA and RoW (outside the Americas), writing and uploading regular news stories for Seatrade Cruise News, working in close liaison with US-based Editor and with a network of correspondents and the Seatrade Cruise sales, marketing teams and live content teams
DEPUTY EDITOR FOR SEATRADE CRUISE REVIEW
Writing and editing features and country/sector reports for SCR, interviewing key players and working in close liaison with and supporting the editor -in-chief, travelling to press conferences, ship reviews, one to one interviews, working closely with cruise sales and marketing team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creating original copy, monitoring different news sources/leads, conducting interviews with key players/clients, either on phone, email or face to face, working in close liaison with the editor, the commercial and marketing teams;
- Editing freelancer copy
- Re-writing and adding content value to press releases
- Uploading content to SCN site and news site management working alongside US-based editor
- To advise conference manager on conference agenda, speakers and content marketing possibilities
- Working with conference manager and marketing to identify and create content for cruise event/live content promotion
- Shadowing the editor in chief and working alongside US editor to gain industry knowledge, networking, and the principles of writing for and editing a quarterly magazine and gaining an understand of the publishing P&L
- Writing/business reporting and editing skills
- Previous experience in an editorial environment, including print and digital
- Strong interviewing skills
- Excellent command of English and effective communication at all levels eg. written, speech
- Ability to work in a small team but communicate with wider team
- Good organisational skills
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to represent Seatrade Cruise at industry functions, media gatherings and third party as well as own events
- Able to travel abroad on a regular basis
- Ideally having prior knowledge of the cruise industry, preferably from a B2B background
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country for which they are applying.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.