Working within a great team of young, driven marketers, Informa Markets are looking for a smart, hard-working individual to join us. This role is a great opportunity to join an enthusiastic and creative marketing department, providing vital help across a portfolio of 4 events, a jobs board and news site.
As a Marketing Executive, you’ll work closely with a team of marketing execs and marketing managers, to support with multi-channel marketing campaigns focusing on audience engagement and driving visitor and exhibitor attendance at the events. As well as being a part of a 5 strong marketing team you will be part of the wider team of 50 across the Industrial portfolio at a leading FTSE 50 company. The group of events and products is managed by a Senior Marketing Manager and covers Facilities Show, Safety & Health Expo, Intelligent Building Europe and Workplace Wellbeing Show as well as SHP Online, SHP4Jobs the supporting news and job sites to Safety & Health Expo.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for an individual with a passion for marketing and a keen interest in digital media, who wants to gain experience working in a fast-paced environment as part of a high performance marketing team.
The ideal candidate will be someone who actively reads marketing news and tech publications, who considers themselves highly organised, is good at trouble shooting, plus, can work across multiple projects simultaneously, always striving to do the best job they can, while meeting deadlines.
- Own the delivery of the social media marketing strategy. The Marketing Executive will suggest and write, publish and schedule all communications, and report on performance.
- Work with international and UK media partners / publications and associations to ensure coverage, and deliverables are being met by both parties.
- Email creation, execution and reporting, with emphasis on testing to optimise future campaigns
- Content creation, including but not limited to video editing, bespoke social imagery and case studies
- Support management of websites, and insuring they are fully optimised for search engines, website analytics and adhoc updates
- Support with exhibitor marketing, encouraging exhibitors to promote the show and drive further visitors to attend
- Support with customer insight gathering and insight projects
- Monitor, report and analyse results for our marketing performance, using tools such as
adobe analytics and google search console.
- Highly driven individual with a passion for marketing
- Strong basic marketing skills and processes
- Strong attention to detail on grammar and spelling
- Excellent communication skills
- Some basic design skills
- Excellent independent and team collaboration skills
- Degree in any discipline
- Microsoft office proficiency
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
- 2 year of marketing experience across a range of marketing channels
- Experience using marketing automation platform and CRM systems
- Adobe suite software
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Experience using a website CMS such as WordPress, Joomla or Drupal
- Experience using social scheduling tools such as Hootsuite or Buffer