The Aviation Week Network seeks an experienced and talented assistant editor to edit articles and do production work for digital and print publications in our London office. The person in this position will spend the majority of his/her time editing articles for our Routes magazine and Routes news articles for our web sites.
We want to hire a person with with strong editing, communications and organizational and InDesign skills who is adept at working on both digital and print products in a fast-paced environment.
We are read by C-level executives, government policy makers, airport managers, and airline network planners. We cover business, technology and operations for the commercial aviation, defense, space, maintenance repair and overhaul, and business aviation sectors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using Adobe InCopy to edit articles for Routes digital and print editions and the Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN).
- Working closely with writers, editors and producers in production of Routes content.
- Posting stories from Routes and AWIN to our Drupal-based content management system.
- Updating the web site as directed.
- Using Adobe InDesign to produce print pages.
- Performing other tasks as instructed by director of editorial and online production.
- Ability to procure, crop, size and color correct images for the above websites.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English or a related discipline from a four-year college or university.
- Three to five years of experience editing copy for content, clarity and style for both digital and print products.
- Three to five years of experience producing print publications with Adobe InDesign. Experience with Adobe InCopy is a plus.
- Keen eye for detail in editing technical articles.
- Strong grasp of AP Style.
- Knowledge of aviation, aerospace and defense subjects is a plus.