The Operations Manager is responsible for the professional operational delivery of their allocated events, features and projects. You will ensure that all are delivered to the highest possible standards and to the satisfaction of all parties involved consistently throughout the year.
Reporting to the Senior/Group Operations Manager, the Operations Manager will be responsible together with the Senior/Group Operations Manager for implementing the EMEA Operations objectives.
The Operations Manager should lead by example and demonstrate a professional responsibility to the department at all times.
- Be the key point of contact for the show teams in all matters on your allocated shows, internal and external.
- Accountability for setting, regular forecasting & achieving operational show budgets for allocated events.
- Responsibility for successful show management and technical delivery of several events throughout the year including features & fully undertaking all related tasks.
- Manage production and implementation of show project plans ensuring all operational tasks are carried out on a timely basis according to individual project plans and within deadlines across all your events.
- Ensuring all allocated events are working within the company’s H&S, Security & Sustainability guidelines at all times
- Implementation of internal and external Service Level Agreements on all allocated events.
- Contribute to the successful and collaborative management of the EMEA operations department aiming for operational synergy across EMEA.
- Oversee production and delivery of the show exhibitor manual
- Communicate with suppliers to manage the brief, design, feature production and signage process in co-ordination with show teams and sponsors.
- Communicate with suppliers and show teams to manage the brief, design, production and management of Registration areas and overall welcome experience.
- Compile post event reports and KPI analysis
- In collaboration with the Procurement team, monitor the ongoing performance of key contractors and troubleshoot / identify remedial action as required on each event.
- Perform any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility.
- Manage, mentor & develop line reports & others within the EMEA Operations team, You will manage line reports on a day to day basis, each of these may be allocated across multiple events throughout the year requiring you to work alongside other Operations Managers to effectively balance workloads & priorities for each team member individually.
- Setting, monitoring and management of direct reports’ performance objectives and identifying training needs.
- Work with colleagues to achieve best practice in terms of operational planning and management.
Compliance / legal / H&S / Sustainability
- Adhere to all Informa compliance requirements and monitor supplier performance to ensure they are meeting our requirements
- Follow the complete HSS Operating Model for all allocated events, submitting paperwork as required in a timely and concise manner and embedding best practice & continual improvement’s into all your event planning
- Collaborate with Informa H&S team to ensure suppliers meet and exceed our H&S requirements.
- Work with H&S team on remedial measures where necessary
- Be an active partner of the Informa Sustainability team and look for opportunities to support and enhance our sustainability initiatives
Background knowledge, skills & experience
- Must have independently and successfully managed operations on events to a consistently high standard.
- You will possess a good working knowledge of the exhibition industry & venues as well as a Strong existing network of high-quality suppliers to the exhibition industry
- A proven ability to work to tight deadlines, with attention to detail under pressure on multiple shows at once is a pre requisite.
- Ability to anticipate problems and/or put contingency plans in place
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Great communication skills – being able to liaise with all Operations team members as well as working with Event Director level within event teams
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Effective communication skills
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of commonly used business software
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Experience of managing, supporting & developing individuals and / or line reports
- IOSH Managing Safety Certificate
- Additional Languages
- Positive attitude and open minded; ability to listen to others views and opinions
- Team player; good humoured
- Act with integrity
- Professional customer focused attitude; ability to stay calm and patient under pressure
- Forward thinking, flexible and able to trouble shoot
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and respectful of other cultures