Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, FN PLATFORM and CHILDREN'S CLUB. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic shows will translate into stronger shows for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised shows, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, Informa Fashion serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas and Japan. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, accessories, and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
What we’re looking for:
The Attendee Acquisition New, Specialist role engages, cultivates and builds strong relationships internally and with retail stores to secure attendance at Informa Fashion trade events. Working with the Manager, Attendee Acquisition and internal stakeholders, they identify retail targets, educates and recruits stores to attend, build customer relationships and supports sales, marketing and PR regarding retail-specific information.
Role accountability and duties:
- Researches new retailers to invite to the shows; studies market categories, identifies leaders in both the exhibitor and retail roles and targets potential attendees within assigned tiers and segments.
- Proactive relationship building with new retailers
- Responds to retailer inquiries via in person meetings, phone, and e-mail; researches and resolves all questions.
- Working in tandem with the Manager, Attendee Acquisition, contributes to the “voice” of retail relations. Collaborates on the creation of copy and other retail collateral; works with marketing to entice retailer attendance. Provides information for potential new retail attendees including brand listings, hotel rates sheets and other show information.
- Qualifies prospective attendees as retailers and helps them complete the registration process to attend the shows.
- Tracks, updates, and analyzes data regarding retailers In Salesforce.com; provides ongoing retailer Information for the sales team including key retailer lists and relevant content about new and returning retailers. Prepares and executes reports and analysis as requested.
- Coordinates on-site show set-up and execution as needed; Assists with onsite retails programs and events as required.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, fashion buying/merchandising or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years retail sales or showroom experience.
- Understanding, knowledge and interest in the fashion industry and retail environment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Strong customer service approach.
- Strong communication skills , both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented, creative and innovative thinker.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Self-starter who knows how to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Existing relationships with key retailers a must.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.