Sales Manager | Asia-Beauty | New York, NY
Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide.
Informa Markets is among the world’s top Exhibitions organizers, organizing events that enable buyers and sellers in specialist communities to meet face to face, build relationships and conduct business. Informa has a portfolio of more than 200 Exhibitions, serving a number of core verticals.
What We’re Looking for:
The Sales Manager is responsible for outside sales; pursues new customers/new business for Beauty B2B Trade shows. Builds and Maintains strong relationships with retention business and Identifies new sales opportunities, creates strategy for pursuing targets and is ultimately responsible for closing sales to all levels of customers. Services inbound calls and lead generations for new customers and manages all retention/new business for assigned categories and/or communities. Sells the overall concept of assigned shows. Must achieve sales goals as assigned for new business customers and retention sales, tracking self-performance via Salesforce.com dashboards. Responsible for retention business beginning with our second edition, and new customer/business.
You are accountable for:
- Conducts face-to-face sales calls and meetings with potential new exhibitors and key retention accounts; receives calls from and supports them through the order and account management process along with addressing concerns and issues.
- Responsible for customer service for the entire show cycle, including completing the online contract applications, checklist 1 and checklist 2.Responsible for maintaining retention customers and pursues retention customers that are not returning.
- Sells the overall concept of Brand and increases participation in sponsorship advertising; tracks self-performance to goals via Salesforce.com.
- Sell potential accounts into correct sections within show floor and manages expectations in regard to positioning.
- Performs extensive marketplace research and develops sales strategies accordingly including call, email and field meetings; researches client needs and creates a one stop solution to their marketing and sales strategy. Meets with Show Brand Director during show cycle to develop category-specific sales presentations and packages, capitalizing on market trends and their direction.
- Maintains strong industry credibility through visible attendance at trade shows and other product presentations, staying up to date on new developments and technologies and communicating this information to both key existing accounts and potential new accounts. Contributes to research efforts in new products.
- Maintains Salesforce.com customer database for accuracy and exceptional notes; conducts data clean-up each show cycle and on-going maintenance per policies. Actively maintains sales pipeline opportunity stages so that the pipeline is a true and accurate indicator of prospects’ statuses; utilizes pipeline reports to provide sales forecasts to management.
- Works with CRM Salesforce team in continuous improvement efforts and troubleshooting Salesforce.com issues; attends and contributes to system improvement review meetings. Maintains accuracy of brand information understanding the information is downloaded for show directories.
- Performs additional duties on show site: helps ensure freight is accurately delivered, works with EACs and Operations to resolve set-up issues, reviews aisle signage, banners and booth locations for accuracy, collects unpaid balances from exhibitors, meets with all assigned exhibitors to ensure outstanding customer service, assists floor managers with taking pictures of all exhibitors, delivers violations if required, collects testimonials and prevents early teardown.
- Works with Event Director/Head of Sales to properly merchandise the exhibitor floorplan to ensure maximum compliance with internal merchandising strategies and brand’s specific booth request.
What you bring to the team:
- College degree in marketing communication, business management or International business with at least three years sales experience selling booths a big plus.
- Sponsorships, digital/emedia sales or similar products.
- 3-5 years sales management experience a must.
- Individual must be a team player, have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, great work ethic and passionated about meeting and helping people.
- Proficient with experience in MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Salesforce.com and other software packages.
Other Key Success Attributes:
- Experience in a B2B media environment a plus.
- Beauty / Fashion industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of applying trade show sales strategy to campaigns is extremely valuable.
- Understands issues relevant to the Beauty market and industry.
- Listens to and understands customers and supplier expectations, needs and wants.
- Anticipates and responds to potential opportunities and threats for the business relevant to the conditions of the market and industry.
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
Want to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!