Registratin Manager | Event Operations - North America Ops | Irving, TX
Reports to and assists Director, Registration on managing registration operations for events produced in the UBM portfolio. Responsible for managing a minimum of six events as a lead and responsible for all registration operations and budgets. Implements, supports and provides continuous improvement to streamline registration operations and effectively influence the registration project life cycle.
You are accountable for:
- Serves as the event lead and primary point of contact for the event group (GM, sales, marketing), operations, and customer service
- Oversee project life cycle from start to finish; maintain current timeline for all events
- Works directly with third party vendors to create work order request and facilitate participation on show site
- Responsible for creating, managing and forecasting the budget; processes all invoices
- Manages registration setup for extensive credential and/or conference programs; including registration scope, QA, and ongoing support for pre and onsite system environments
- Manages onsite event operations such as ordering supplies, equipment, coordinating customer support programs and staffing; builds effective and efficient registration layouts
- Coordinates and supervises specialists and/or contract employees who provide ongoing support for registration operations
- Assists Registration Systems Manager to test, provide feedback for and implement registration systems
- Collaborates with Customer Service Manager & Supervisor to provide clear direction for customer service to create & define processes, provide training, and routinely monitor quality. Helps to resolve escalations as necessary
- Performs additional duties and projects as assigned
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Hospitality or Management; or 3-5 years equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work with a team and manage one or more onsite employees
- 3-5 years of experience with CRM’s or Registration Systems
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Visio
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and recommendation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage stress well
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Ability to effectively work within a team and independently, to review and process sensitive material with complete confidentiality.
- Able to assess situations and make clear decisions in a timely manner in the best interest of the organization
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This job description sets out the duties of the position at the time that it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed.
What we offer:
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Employee Discount Program
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply. Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Why Work at Informa?
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com