The Account Manager is responsible for revenue generation from existing customers within a business unit in Informa Markets. In this role, the Account Manager will manage Sales to between 100 – 200 customers depending on the market and brand context. A critical role in the business to retain and maintain great customer relationships, growing the accounts and ultimately driving exhibitor attendance at events. The Account Manager is part of the Account Management function, within which they will have a focus on a certain brand (products/events), whilst also developing the flexibility to work across multiple brands.
The role will manage Sales to between 100 – 200 customers depending on the market and brand context.
This role will include to become the sales teams lead for one of the key events of Pharma Portfolio of Informa Markets, CPhI and P-MEC China. Which includes managing the overseas relationship with the local partners in China to ensure the effectiveness of all sales activities.
The Account Manager role will involve a combination of inside and external sales, meetings with customers face to face to develop and manage the account relationship. The Account Manager will be required to attend competitor shows and customer meetings. The Account Manager will sell to valued existing customers and will be targeted on retention and growth of these accounts.
The Account Manager will have some knowledge and awareness of the brand industry, which will continue develop overtime. Further brand and industry expertise and insight will be developed collaborating with and learning from Key Account Directors and Brand leads. Maintaining and strengthening the relationship throughout the year is an important focus, to develop an understanding of the customers’ needs and expectations from their attendance at the event. The Account Manager will then be able to articulate a compelling and innovative value proposition which responds the customers’ needs. They will have a significant role in supporting business unit re-booking of customers at an event, whilst supporting as a guest re-booker at events where they don’t have necessarily have personal account relationships.
Qualities needed for the role
- Significant experience in a B2B sales and proven ability to deliver or overachieve revenue targets
- Significant experience and eminence in relevant industry or brand knowledge
- Proven ability to manage 100-200 customer accounts
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident personality, high level of enthusiasm
- Significant experience in a B2B sales and proven ability to deliver or overachieve on revenue targets
- English and Chinese (Mandarin) speaker
- Ability to make short and long-term sales forecastsSignificant experience and eminence in relevant industry or brand knowledge
- Proven ability to develop effective sales strategies
- Proven ability to manage the relationship with external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously and be a highly effective team player who can collaborate with colleagues and management
- Proven ability to manage customer accounts
- Ability to identify and pursue cross and up selling opportunities
- Ability to understand and articulate value proposition and customer ROI
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to negotiate effectively, and proactively handle and respond to customer objections
- Willingness to informally coach and develop junior Account Executives
- Ability to travel overseas
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country for which they are applying.