The core responsibilities of the data operation manger include but are not limited to;
- Perform data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) processes to ingest data to our MDM solution
- Manage the day to day activies of the operation team including leading, coaching and developing direct and sometimes indirect reports.
- Support data migration activities from legacy systems to informa Markets data warehouse and the ingestion of event data from multiple registration sources before, during and post event.
- Manage and monitor relationships with 3rd-party data sources and processors to ensure that data is received by Informa Markets in a standard format for upload to the MDM system and to meet our data contracts
- Handling of business user requests and support data quality activities to ensure that data from source systems is accurate, current, consistent and fit for purpose.
- Overseeing analysis and investigation of data quality related issues and implement corrective solutions
- Performing user acceptance testing for new system functionalities that impact data.
- Driving continuous improvement, positive change and process improvement initiatives.
- Support the development and update of operating procedures and documentation, reflecting current policies and data standards
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the legal data privacy requirements
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
Perform any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility
- Educated to Degree level (Computer Science/Business Information Technology is preffered)
- Advanced qualifications or ceritifications or comparable work experience
Skills and Experience Required
- 3+ years’ experience using advanced tools for data visualisation, predictive modelling, data management, ETL and data aggregation.
- 3+ hands on technical experience mining and analysing structured data
- 3+ years’ experience working with programming and querying languages e.g. SQL including advanced SQL query building skills.
- Proven experience and understanding of data models and databases e.g. MySQL, Redshift or Postgres SQL
- 2-3 years management experience and proven experience in motivating a team to success
- Experience of managing and coaching and working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously and thrive in a deadline-oriented environment, managing workflow and prioritisation of tasks, ideally via a ticketed approach and within an SLA or deadline focused environment.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to think on your feet
- Understanding of key industry issues and ability to synthesize data from multiple sources
- Proven experience in planning, scheduling and managing client expectations and providing relevant solutions to meet customer date needs and for small to medium sized projects.
- Experience supporting or managing data processes e.g. registration and data validation e.g. User Acceptance Testing of new features
- Ability to continually drive improvements in the processing of data and data management solutions
- Excellent English written, oral, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Events industry experience
- Knowledge of Eloqua or any email campaign management system
- Experience of working in a global business, managing remote teams and supporting remote business users
- Proficiency with MS Office productivity tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio)
- Experience of working with APIs
- Knowledge of working with HTML, XML, JSON files
- Knowledge of data privacy regulations e.g. GDPR, CASL compliance and data governance.
Qualities needed for culture fit
- Dependable: consistently following through
- Strong work ethic; setting and achieving goals
- Self-motivated: working efficiently with little supervision
- Flexible and adaptable to cope with changes in the work place.