- Translating data and API requirements to technical integration and registration partners and managers -to suppot the set-up of events for data flow to Informa Markets datahub and downstream systems.
- Manage the day to day activies of the data integration team including leading, coaching and developing direct and sometimes indirect reports.
- Testing of data capture forms to ensure that form data is correctly mapped to Informa Market’s Reference database and for integration with downstream systems including datahub, Sureshot and Adobe Analytics.
Information and Data Management
- Monitor the use of Informa Market’s APIs to ensure data accuracy, consistency and availability to downstream systems.
- Perform and support user acceptance testing activities to support event registrations and integrations with datahub and all downstream systems.
- Manage the process for onboarding of registration partners to Informa Market’s technology stack, and manage the relationships with the various registration platforms or data sources.
- Prepare technical/business documents to support colleagues and registration partners.
- Drive continuous improvement, encourage positive change and improved processes and understanding of registration API technologies.
- Support the development and update of operating procedures and documentation, reflecting current policies and data standards to enable reuse of the registration technologies.
Perform any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility
Qualities needed for culture fit
- Dependable: consistently following through
- Strong work ethic: setting and achieving goals
- Self-motivated: working efficiently with little direction
- Flexible and adaptable to cope with changes in the work place.
- Educated to Degree level (Computer Science/Business Information Technology)
- 2+ years experience working with web and integration technologies e.g. HTML, XML, JSON files
- 2+ years hands on technical experience mining and analysing structured data with a strong working knowledge of SQL including advanced SQL query building skills.
- Proven experience and understanding of data models and databases e.g. MySQL, Redshift or Postgres SQL
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to think on your feet
- Experience of building web sites and data capture forms using technologies such as WordPress.
- 2+ years management experience in motivating a team to success
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously and thrive in a deadline-oriented environment, managing workflow and prioritisation of tasks, ideally via a ticketed approach and within an SLA or deadline focused environment.
- Experience of managing, coaching and working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- An understanding of real time vs batch processing of data and working with job schedulers.
- Understanding of key industry issues and ability to synthesize data from multiple sources
- Proven experience in planning, scheduling and managing client expectations and providing relevant solutions to meet customer date needs and for small to medium sized projects.
- Experience with the SDLC, UAT and end-to-end software implementation projects
- Experience of managing projects, ideally including those involving integration across systems
- Knowledge of data privacy regulations e.g. GDPR, CASL, compliance and data governance.
- Experience working in the exhibitions industry
- Experience working in a global business, managing remote teams and supporting remote business users