Informa markets is looking for an experienced and creative Content Editor to join our Food ingredients content team.
Based in our Amsterdam office, the Content Editor is responsible for developing, writing, editing and producing online, print, conference, and multimedia content for the Fi & Hi Global brands. This primarily involves delivering industry-related content collateral, such as articles, news stories, interviews, special reports, whitepapers, and infographics on ingredients, new product development, food science, processing technology and other industry-related topics important to the manufacturing of food & beverage ingredients in Europe and other regions. In addition, the Content Editor is responsible for briefing external writers, and for reviewing marketing and sponsorship collateral delivered by the content team to ensure their quality and accuracy.
You will have a strong background in (online) journalism in B2B content and be adept at building and managing a roster of regular insightful contributors. You will take day-to-day responsibility for commissioning and writing articles, in-depth features, special reports, interviewing key industry experts, and creating downloadable whitepapers. The role is to provide industry insights and knowledge to various audiences through our various online platforms, newsletters and social media channels, firmly positioning our brands at the heart of the Food & Beverage industry. You have a sound understanding of how to research content that will engage these audiences.
Well-developed writing and editorial skills are important for this role – the ability to analyse and summarise complex topics and present them in an engaging manner is required. Experience with researching and executing a content calendar to ensure 365 coverage of key industry topics is a must.
You are also familiar with current online content formats such as webinars, podcasts, videos and will be responsible for producing these together with the content producers in team. It will be your responsibility to research topics, write scripts, interview industry experts, host and moderate discussions when required. Furthermore, you have sufficient experience with content management systems, online tools and media to publish the content produced and gather insights about relevant topics with a view to growing engagement with our audiences both online and at live events.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write articles and features, create and edit content for different audiences within the food & beverage industry, from buyers and suppliers of ingredients, to R&D and new product developers and food proccesing specialists
- Research, manage and execute a yearly content calendar to ensure key topics for our audience groups are covered throughout the year
- Grow year round traffic and audiences through community-driven content and social media
- Publish content on various platforms and use data to inform content development
- Establish partnership agreements with trusted sources to acquire content
- Manage relationships with freelancers and a freelance budget
- Manage relationships with contributors, being the main point of contact for PRs and for features from regular authors
- Research topics, write scripts, interview industry experts, host and moderate webinars and conference sessions, conduct audio and video interviews
- Report on food science, processing technologies and innovations
- Copyedit and proofread assigned content
- Attend and report from conferences, lectures and networking events
- Work closely with internal Marketing and Digital teams on content for various platforms
- Support conference programme development through in-depth research and industry knowledge
- Demonstrable experience in B2B writing
- Excellent command of English grammar
- Previous editorial experience - strong interviewing, editing, writing, communication, and organisational skills
- Strong networking skills, able to bring thought leaders and views together from across the industry
- Excellent online content skills, including SEO, CMS, article layout, image treatment
- Hard working and ability to prioritise
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter, deadline orientated
- Experience with editing tools for webinars, podcasts and videos a pre
- Examples of published content (preferably for B2B communications) required