The Sales Operations Executive role will be part of the newly created Sales Excellence team, part of the Vitafoods brand which consists of Vitafoods Europe, Vitafoods Asia and Vitafoods Insights. The Sales Excellence team is a pivotal new function within Vitafoods which is internal and external facing. The team will aim to deliver world class customer service to internal and external stakeholders while remaining commercial driven and support the sales strategy of the brand. The Sales Excellence team objectives are built around 3 key pillars which are Sales Operations, Sales Opportunities & Client Success.
The Sales Operations Executive role supports a business unit sales team, who are selling across different regions, multiple events and customers. This newly created role will provide structured sales administration support, Salesforce (CRM), data analysis and reporting. Furthermore, the role will support with the management of data quality, accuracy and consistency for the business unit, whilst also responsible for creating sales campaigns on Salesforce and allocation leads to the sales team.
- Provides administrative support to selected members of the sales team including processing contracts for invoicing, raising co-exhibitor contracts, adding country pavilion exhibitors into Salesforce etc.
- Actively looking at Salesforce to observe usage, movement of Sales opportunities and keeping Sales leadership informed
- Completes floorplan updates when required
- Responsible for inputting sponsorship orders and additional fees into salesforce when required
- Responsible for updating the weekly Exhibitor List and circulating to internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Responsible for creating the weekly sales reports highlighting sqm and revenue achieved towards the targets
- Maintains the exhibitor Loyalty Scheme report up to date
- Works closely with the Head of Sales and Sales Excellence Manager to set up the rebooking process for next event edition, including comms plan, floor plan, onsite Sales Lounge set up etc.
- Creates a hot list of leads; actively track competitive shows and/or publications to seek out new leads
- Assists with administrative activities including scheduling meetings, preparing regular forecasting, preparing presentations for budget and strategy meetings
- Assigns incoming leads to the sales team members
- Works with the regional CRM team to communicate enhancements in Salesforce to the Sales teams
- Provides and track Salesforce training for on boarding new hires and continuing user education
- Serves as Subject Matter Experts (SME) on Salesforce business process for sales teams
- Responsible for the deployment and set up of next event cycle on Salesforce
- Key liaison point with Customer Service and Event Operations team for customer data and event floor plan queries
- Helps discover and enable sales through sales analysis – sharing trends with Sales Excellence Manager related to opportunities lost, competitive analysis, etc
- Travel to one or both Vitafoods events to support team on rebooking process and ensure smooth delivery will be required
Qualities needed for the role
- Previous experience with Salesforce CRM or in a sales support role
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Proven financial analytical skills
- Advanced experience working with excel
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills, confident personality, high level of enthusiasm
- Able to multitask, re-assess priorities and adapt quickly to a changing environment
- Problem solving attitude
- Customer orientated mindset
Qualities needed for culture fit
- Proven ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation.
- Well organised and good time management.
- Experience in working with multiple internal stakeholders
- Experience in working with multiple systems and technology i.e. Salesforce CRM.