As the Brand Manager, you will be responsible for the commercial management and development of the Vitafoods portfolio, which includes the current live exhibitions: Vitafoods Europe and Asia, as well as digital content and directory platforms: Vitafoods Insights, Vitafoods Connect. You will also be working with the Vitafoods leadership team on developing new initiatives and projects to grow the business globally. You will also work very closely with the sales team in generating revenue from international customers into each of the different portfolio assets.
You will liaise with the Group's senior management to ensure that the development of the products fit within the strategic objectives of the wider portfolio while developing a long-term strategy for profitable growth. You will also be responsible for the effective and commercial management and development of each portfolio asset to deliver agreed new business and renewal revenue targets within time and cost constraints.
P&L management is a pivotal element of the role, assisting the Group's senior management in both delivering the required revenue, managing costs effectively to deliver on event KPI’s.
In addition, you will be the key interface with our wider Health and Nutrition global teams ensuring a positive and successful working relationship.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide accurate and timely reporting of event KPI’s and forecasts
• Set, adhere to and manage event P&Ls, for events outside of Europe in collaboration with global partners
• Monitor team and individual performance against targets and KPI’s
• Collaborate closely with Head of Sales to recommend and implement agreed sales strategy including territory and account planning
• Monitor sales performance and tracking vs. forecasts closely in order to anticipate changes compared to forecasting
• Deliver agreed revenue targets by value and volume
• Liaise with marketing on messaging and communication to generate business leads and achieve visitor goals
• Liaise with finance for financial reporting requirements
• Provide market, competitor, product & visitor intelligence
• Responsible for determining and executing business development strategy
• Project manage, collaborate and coordinate key features with the live events (pre-event and onsite)
• Responsible for further development of portfolio assets, by transferring the strategic objectives into tactical plans and leading the execution of these across sales, marketing, content and operations
• Demonstrable experience in the (large scale or B2B) events and/ or exhibition industry
• Proven commercial experience on high performing events with consistent track record of meeting or exceeding targets
• Creative and structured approach to motivating and managing a matrix team
• Proven ability to handle and implement multiple projects with different stakeholders
• Ability to manage projects effectively, adhering to given timelines with the ability to react flexibly if needed
• Proven ability to build relationships at senior levels
• Proven ability to build strategies and implement tactics
• Interest in working with different cultures
• Strong commercial/ financial understanding and forecasting skills, including experience with working with P&Ls on both the revenue and the cost side
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proven understanding of and demonstrated ability to manage the dynamics of working with multiple stakeholders and/ or departments and managing the different interests and needs
• Ability to match business objectives with client needs
• Act as a role model for good practice and shares knowledge and learning of this across the company.
• Fluency in English
Additional duties may be required, and roles/responsibilities are not limited to the above.
Qualities needed for culture fit
• Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to act autonomously.
• Ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
• IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of CRM (preferably Salesforce).
• Brand management experience.
• Background/experience in nutrition field.
• Additional languages.
• Exhibitions brand experience.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.