Sales Manager -- Irving, TX
What we’re looking for:
- Informa Exhibitions is seeking a full-time Sales Manager for its Construction & Real Estate. The primary objectives for a Sales Manager are to manage the inside sales team and aggressively sell exhibit booth space, sponsorships, foster relationships with current customers and prospect/sell to new business.
- Responsible for retention business and new customer/business. Responsible for inside and some outside sales; pursue new customers/new business. Maintain strong relationships with retention business and Identify new sales opportunities, create strategy for pursuing targets and ultimately responsible for closing sales to all levels of customers. Services inbound calls and lead generations for new customers and manages all retention/new business for assigned categories. Sells the overall concept of assigned show. Must achieve sales goals as assigned for retention and new business customers.
You are accountable for:
- Conducts sales calls with potential new exhibitors and key retention accounts; receives calls from and supports them through the order and account management process along with addressing concerns and issues.
- Responsible for various customer relations for the entire show cycle, including completing the online contract applications, post show and pre-show follow up with exhibitors.
- Responsible for maintaining retention customers and pursues retention customers that are not returning
- Sells the overall concept of brand and increases participation in sponsorship advertising
- Sell potential accounts into correct sections within show floor and manages expectations regarding positioning
- Develops sales strategies accordingly including call, email and field meetings; researches client needs and creates a one stop solution to their marketing and sales strategy. Meets with Show Director during show cycle to develop category-specific sales presentations and packages, capitalizing on market trends and their direction.
- Maintains strong industry credibility through visible attendance at trade shows and other product presentations, staying up to date on new developments and technologies and communicating this information to both key existing accounts and potential new accounts. Contributes to research efforts in new products.
- Maintains customer database for accuracy and exceptional notes; conducts data clean-up each show cycle and on-going maintenance per policies.
- Performs additional duties on show site: helps ensure freight is accurately delivered, works with Operations to resolve set-up issues, collects unpaid balances from exhibitors, meets with all assigned exhibitors to ensure outstanding customer service, manages the onsite sales process.
- Traveling as required to trade shows and/or to visit with clients as needed.
What you bring to the team:
- Creative talent possessing charisma and energy.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum five year of sales experience; trade show booth selling experience preferred.
- Sponsorships, digital/emedia sales or similar products
- Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Individual must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and be detail oriented.
- High level of proficiency in the use of standard computer software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of sales database management a must.
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
Want to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!