The Event Executive reports to the Event Manager - Maritime. As part of the Event team they focus on interacting with exhibitors, coordinating the support given to exhibitors through each step of the customer journey together with the Customer Service Team. Depending on the event scale and demand they will adapt between direct customer contact and coordination of customer service resource for larger-scale events. They will also work closely with the wider event team to deliver non-exhibition events such as smaller forums, networking events and awards ceremonies. They will have a good working knowledge of medium size B2B event delivery and have demonstrable experience in the events industry.
The Event Executive will work as part of a team supporting the Registration Manager & Event Managers (both Cruise & Maritime) in the Event team based in Colchester. They will be highly organised, self-motivated and efficient individual with an excellent telephone manner, proficient letter writing skills and proven ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure the smooth coordination of service being provided via the telephone and email to customers either directly or through briefing of central resources
- Coordination of complaint resolution and keeping a log of outcomes. Including referrals to relevant internal or external persons / contractors
- Ensure exhibitors have an efficient method / service portal to place orders with official contractors and access customer support throughout the preparations for the event
- Work with the Event / Operations Managers to ensure the online technical manual is streamlined and as user-friendly as possible to simply and improve the customer journey from post-sale to event execution
- Support the Event Managers in the creation and management of exhibition floor plans
- Management and maintenance of online technical manuals in accordance with comments and feedback collated from exhibitors
- Assisting in the implementation of internal and external Service Level Agreements
- Assistance with Post event reporting and analysis
- Where necessary, assist the Registration Manager with delegate / award guest booking and post-booking process including communication
- Organise and manage team travel for events including accommodation and flights
- Contribute to the production and proofreading of onsite show-specific collateral such as catalogues and conference programmes/participant lists
- Assistance with event budget & cost tracker administration
- Administration of purchase orders in line with cost trackers
- Take part in regular updates with teams working on the event to ensure they are aware of common queries, issues or comments
- Employ the highest standards of practice to deliver optimum results at all times
- Supplier and service provider appointment and management for Awards programmes and conferences / forums including specification, brief and recommendation to the Event Managers
- Support the Event Managers to maximise cost savings with suppliers
- Manage sections of event budgets as required
Qualities needed for the role
- Excellent written & spoken English with proven skills in written communication
- Customer focused
- Results-focused with ability to work under own initiative
- Confident team player with a creative and innovative approach
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proactive problem-solving. Focused on providing solutions.
- Ability to accommodate frequent international travel
Qualities needed for culture fit
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible & adaptive
- Sense of humor
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel an essential skill
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Power Point) and an affinity for CRM systems.
- Demonstrable experience with event logistics / operations essential
- Knowledge of SalesForce (or similar) CRM systems an advantage but not essential.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country for which they are applying.