Group Portfolio Director | Advanced Manufacturing Group | Santa Monica, CA
Informa’s Advanced Manufacturing Group is the leading B2B event and media company dedicated exclusively to the global $3.0 trillion advanced manufacturing sector, helps support the flow of information, commerce, and innovation in such sophisticated segments as medical devices and pharmaceutical development, advanced engineering design, automation, manufacturing, processing, and packaging.
What we’re looking for:
The Group Portfolio Director is a key member of the Advanced Manufacturing Group leadership team and steering the business to capitalize on industry trends, changing market conditions and customer needs. This role is to be a market expert understanding our industries, competitive landscape and key market dynamics and channels. Build the strategic vision, the value proposition and create, manage and deliver products and solutions that effectively solve customer problems across the community/vertical market.
This role is responsible for leading a cross-functional team comprised of 20 to 25 people in leadership roles across multiple businesses, external relations and sales and marketing for one of our manufacturing portfolio of events.
You are accountable for:
Strategy and Growth
- Act as the custodian of the brand and the leader both within the business unit and in the marketplace
- Set, articulate and deliver on the brands rolling three-year strategy, and the objectives contained within, with support and input by the management and functional teams
- Support the identification of growth opportunities for brands within the portfolio, work with AMG Communities to size market opportunity, assess entrepreneurial start-ups and engage in opportunistic conversations
- Manage all P/L responsibilities associated with assigned portfolio of events
- With input and support from sales and marketing, shape Brand strategies which look to seize new market opportunities, or grow the brand into adjacent sectors or customer segments (across geographies, platforms, and verticals)
- Deliver on financial, operational and customer oriented- brand objectives (e.g. brand profitability (net), new business and customer retention, brand distinction, customer satisfaction)
- Understand market nuances to manage the brand, laying out its vision and competitive position (e.g. where it plays within the market, at present and in the future, and why)
- Support the development of brand (event/product) pricing strategies, based on strategic layout of event space, product bundling options, value-based pricing and commercial drivers. Partner with Marketing to set Attendee goals.
- Lead the development of key strategic partnerships and management of associated relationships. Partner with marketing to ensure budget is managed appropriately.
- As part of the event planning process, partner with Marketing and Sales to determine product offering(s) needed to deliver the event and collaboratively decide on vendor selection(s).
Event Design and Innovation
- Assist with the design and delivery of outstanding customer experience, working with Event Management and Event Operations to create innovative and interactive experiences at events
- Work with Event Management, Event Operations and Marketing to develop creative ideas to engage customers at and around an event, including prototyping new ideas and innovative, agile approaches
- Assist with the interpretation of customer insight, based on industry conversations and data, supported by Marketing and Customer data, in order to evolve event relevance and value
- Lead in defining the brand proposition(s), leveraging the expertise from sales and marketing, to articulate ROI case(s) for customers
Building Community and Distinction
- Build relationships with the brand’s key existing and prospective customers
- Develop relationships with the broader customer community, understanding market trends and sentiments in order to inform other business teams about strategy on how to sell, market or design the brand (product/event)
- Collaborating with our content team, focus on content development to ensure community interests are aligned with onsite and year-round online content
- Co-ordinate the dissemination of knowledge and market insight to relevant colleagues, while retaining responsibility for converting this knowledge into measurable actions and results, for example:
- Brand colleagues to inform event design and delivery and brand distinction initiatives
- Sales colleagues relay specific customer sentiments, to influence floor planning, sales techniques, or sales opportunities to relevant sales staff etc.
- Marketing colleagues to inform relevant marketing strategies which guide portfolio-related marketing activity
- Understand and shape market dialogue through thought-leadership pieces
- Represent the brand(s) by being an industry figure via attending and hosting events, meetings and conferences
What you bring to the team:
- 7+ years’ experience leading product or brand design and management in a B2B market
- Ability to act as an inspirational leader with charisma and energy. Strong interpersonal skills and high level of enthusiasm
- Strong influencer, ability to navigate a matrix structure
- Ability to develop relationships at senior levels, interacting with high value customer accounts
- Ability to define a brand and growth strategies; identify and clearly articulate the value proposition
- Experience reporting, budgeting, forecasting and related processes and policies
- Experience building trusted internal relationships and maintaining an open two way conversation to ensure overall brand (event/product) and business success
- Ability to collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders and other functions to ensure successful implementation of a matrixed business model
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Employee Discount Program
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and Development/Training Opportunities
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply. Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Why Work at Informa?
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com