The Undergraduate Research Analyst role is a placement year position for Aviation/Air Transport Management students,
that will introduce the successful applicant to all areas of the ASM business as well as that of the wider Aviation Week
Network portfolio of brands (including Routes, CAPA and Aviation Week) with the expectation they will also play a part in
the delivery of ASM’s key service to its clients, that of new “air service delivery”, and in turn maintaining and developing
positive and progressive relationships with ASM regular airport clients.
The Undergraduate Placement will help to ensure that ASM’s record of success in securing new air services for airports is
second to none and its insight of the aviation industry as it relates to route development is leading edge. The role will also
help ensure that ASM has positive and productive working relationship with the world’s airlines across all sectors.
*Please note that the start date for this role will be August 2020*
• ASM Global Route Development www.asm-global.com/
• Routes www.routesonline.com/
• CAPA www.centreforaviation.com/
• Aviation Week Network www.aviationweek.com/
• Undertake detailed market research and analysis, including demographic and industry statistics to enable
concise market characteristic articulation, support the identification of target markets and airline opportunities.
• Support the development of Business Case presentations for target Airlines of ASM’s clients, including airport
market summaries, specific data and analytics in relation to the specific route target.
• Apply ad hoc analysis on individual markets on issues such as Market Share / Capacity Share, market
stimulation, competitor analysis, catchment analysis and other key metrics that might be deemed necessary.
• Operate the route analytics models developed by ASM for activities such as route forecasting and market data
dashboard reporting to clients. This will include the manipulation of multiple data bases across varied industry
systems and formatting into ASM platforms.
• Interpretation and Reporting, primarily internally but likely with external clients, of the findings of ASM route
• Supporting the development of long-term traffic forecasting projects for clients providing key input to short-term
“bottom-up” and long-term regression modelling.
• Maintaining a database of airline investor relations reports and providing summary statements of key findings
and relevance to ASM’s route development activity, for the benefit of all ASM colleagues.
• Participate in and often lead customer insight calls with airlines to understand opinions of clients markets and
their development strategies and requirements.
• Support the provision of ASM market insight to our sister businesses, including Routes, CAPA and Aviation
Week Network, in form of airline and market insight reports
• Support the teams input into speaker and other forms of content delivery, whether at our “Routes” events or
other industry conferences and forums.
• The above activities will be required to be delivered to the agreed client deadlines, agreed standards and within
• To comply with Company policies and procedures.
• To carry out any reasonable project work/ad hoc task as requested by line management.
Essential Qualities and Skills needed for the role
• Passionate about commercial aviation with substantial airline and airport commercial awareness and understanding
• Internationally minded, with ability to understand and appreciate international management and cultural differences
• Numerical confidence with the ability to handle substantial data sets
• Strong analytical, problem solving, planning and creativity skills
• Relationship builder, forming good working relationship with both colleagues and external clients
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in varying teams of consultants and analysts
• Commercially aware, with an understanding of the need to deliver revenue and minimise costs
• Imaginative and creative with potential to develop new product ideas and revenue opportunities
• Deadline driven with the ability to prioritise and handle multiple workloads and deadlines whilst sustaining the highest quality of outputs
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
• Prior experience in the aviation industry
• Additional Languages