Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, FN PLATFORM and CHILDREN'S CLUB. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic shows will translate into stronger shows for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised shows, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, Informa Fashion serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas and Japan. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, accessories, and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
What We’re Looking For:
The role has responsibility for the line management of Sales Managers and Account Executives who are selling and managing existing customers as well as actively and assertively focusing on new business development. They will lead this team with a focus on customer retention and growth through up & cross selling and rebooking. This role is also responsible for a combination of internal and external sales activity, regularly meeting customers face-to-face, and attending competitor events. This role will be expected to sell to a variety of new customers with a focus on large key account acquisitions, and hands on business development of new markets to drive new business revenue.
The Sales Director will support the Vertical President and Head of Sales in defining and executing sales strategies, agreeing on revenue targets and budgets with Brand Leadership, while developing and managing a series of campaigns for the sales teams. As the Sales Director they will be responsible for the day to day sales performance management, utilizing sales techniques and competitions to drive sales activity, while supporting the professional development and mentorship of team members, with a focus on developing an effective sales culture.
They will be a key point of contact for Vertical President, Head of Sales and Brand Leadership team, coordinating interactions between teams, and acting as a point of escalation for sales team members. As the Sales Director, they will be responsible for the day to day sales performance management, utilizing sales techniques and competitions to drive sales activity, while supporting the professional development and mentorship of team members, with a focus on developing an effective sales culture.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Meet with customers regularly to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our relationship with them
- Identify and launch new market opportunities that will result in revenue growth both domestically and internationally
- Sell new business for the shows in which you will be overseeing by meeting goals assigned
- Maintain established relationships with external stakeholders in your designated industry
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key demographics based on constant customer feedback
- Support the team by maintaining and nurturing existing customer relationships
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the Sales team
- Lead the team to identify cross/up sell opportunities to growth the size of accounts, and instill best practice sales techniques to effectively close deals
- Line management of the team through regular 1:1’s, professional development, and Sales coaching
- Leverage sales insights and product knowledge to deliver the targeted existing customer revenue (excluding key account revenue), by account and brand (event/product)
- Manage the team’s budget and cost of sales, effectively targeting Sales activity in relation to customer value
- Lead sales campaign execution, including targeting, pipeline management, deal closing and accurate reporting of performance to the Head of Sales
- Lead the identification of sales situations where support from the Business Development team could result in retention or sale close conversation
- Provide account management sales expertise to Brand and Marketing leads within the business unit
- Maintain an open two way dialogue with internal stakeholders to share customer feedback, insight, prospective leads and overall brand impact or market dynamic
- Act as the weekly contact for Sales Operations in maintaining the Event floor plan, based on customer activity in week and pipeline opportunities
- Globally connect brand and market sales opportunities, where opportunities exist to increase a customer’s share of wallet or improve the global approach to account sales
- Build an effective sales culture within the Vertical and across the business working counterparts in other verticals
- Encourage the adoption and consistent use of the global Sales process, and CRM technology. Ensuring consistency, efficiency and effectiveness in the way we sell.
- Coach the team to accurately track customers through the sales pipeline process within Salesforce (CRM)
- Lead the recruitment and assessment of new hires to the team within the business unit
What You Bring to the Team:
- University Bachelor’s Degree / University of Applied Sciences qualification or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in leading B2B sales teams and proven ability to deliver or overachieve on revenue targets
- 3+ years’ experience in managing and developing sales teams to drive maximum profitability
- Experience in maintaining customer relationships and proven customer retention techniques
- Experience with leading customer account growth and selling a substantial amount of new business
- Proven ability to lead and manage a Sales team, instilling an effective Sales culture with high energy
- Strong leadership and sales performance management experience demonstrating growth
- Ability to develop relationships at senior levels and manage high value accounts
- Strong interpersonal skills, high level of passion and enthusiasm for the job
- Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of fashion trends:
- Sales coaching and leadership EQ
- Experience managing a team using Salesforce
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year. For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.