We’re searching for a talented Salesforce CPQ Developer to join our fun and committed Sales DevOps team and to get plugged into our quickly growing business. You’ll get the chance to build multiple enterprise custom Salesforce applications, and your commitment to removing organizational inefficiencies and maintaining a healthy application environment will also play a key role in enabling future growth.
In short, you’ll be integral to building highly scalable business application solutions and developing innovating solutions for business process automation. Not to mention, you’ll get to impact people in a meaningful way and work with a highly collaborative passionate group of developers.
- Design and implement systems in Salesforce with focus on CPQ & Billing to support automation of our CRM, sales, operations, and customer center processes.
- Participate in storyboard and solution design sessions – recommend alternative approaches and best practices, define technical impact, and provide sizing estimates.
- Follow an agile software development methodology and contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle and support processes.
- Create and manage custom objects, fields, and formulas – participate in the integration process with other enterprise systems.
- Manage Salesforce integration with existing systems and third-party providers.
- Prepare test data, plan and conduct unit and integration testing.
- Update code, features and applications as business continues to evolve.
- Develop in accordance with our specifications and standards of development.
- Partner with Operations team in continually working towards making improvements in the test, build, and release process.
- Provide ample support for quality assurance and defect resolution.
- Keep and update documentation throughout the development lifecycle.
Qualities needed for the role
- Demonstrated experience in working with geographically distributed teams, across time zones.
- Be articulate and confident when communicating with Management and other stakeholders in verbal and written communication.
- Good time management, ability to multitask, ability to prioritize and propensity to handle urgent interruptions with poise and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively transfer knowledge and the desire to share expertise with other members of the team.
Qualities needed for culture fit
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented and sales-driven environment.
- Able to determine problem trends and instigate appropriate proactive actions.
- Willingness to learn and develop own skill set in order to improve performance and augment team capability.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and recommend steps to implementing those improvements.
- Professional, positive, customer oriented and flexible approach to interactions with colleagues and management in groups, face-to-face, in-person or via web conference.
- Be a team player.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience.
- Certified CPQ Specialist, Salesforce Platform Developer I and Platform App Builder.
- 5 years or more experience with Salesforce.com CRM, CPQ, Billing, Apex, Visualforce, APIs, Sales Cloud. Lightning experience a plus.
- Comfort with a variety of development tooling, including Force.com IDE, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Selenium, JIRA and others.
- Excellent communication, technical writing and documentation skills.
- Working experience with AutoRabit , ExpoCAD, Adobe Sign, Salesforce.com Communities and Conga.
- Certified Salesforce Platform Developer II, Salesforce Application Architect.
- Experience using ServiceNow to manage Incidents, Requests and Changes, and to run reports.
- Experience working in an Events/Exhibitions Business.
- Expertise in .NET development tools and languages.