Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
What we’re looking for:
The Informa Markets division is seeking a full-time Sr. HR Business Partner & Strategist to lead one of its HR Business Support Teams operating at an HR Director level. The role is specifically focused on engaging with executive level business leaders and their respective management teams from an HR support and talent strategy perspective, while also balancing the needs of the aligned commercial businesses as separate and distinct key stakeholders.
The role reports directly to the SVP Head of HR Americas, and has a matrix reporting structure aligned to the Informa Markets Fashion, US Boating, and Art commercial businesses, referred to internally as “verticals”. Based in Informa’s New York downtown Manhattan office, this position will lead a team of one or more HR Business Partners, who are collectively accountable for regional HR business support and global HR strategy activities relating to their aligned verticals. The role will also coordinate with other international HR Business Support teams to provide in-region HR support for any of their respective Americas based colleagues.
Operating in an HR matrixed environment with a Centers of Excellence (COE) structure, this position will have the support of a Talent Acquisition Partner, who reports directly into the Informa Markets Global Talent Acquisition Team, and specifically recruits for this role’s supported verticals. In addition, there is also support provided from the Informa Markets Learning and Performance, Compensation, and Communications teams to assist with the delivery of these essential functions across the role’s assigned verticals. The role will also collaborate with other Informa HR divisional colleagues and with HR operational COEs that are administered centrally by Informa’s Global Support division including areas such as Payroll, Benefits, HR Service Delivery, and other HR related functions.
Working closely with the Head of HR Americas and their HR peer teams, this role will be accountable for delivering the Informa Markets HR strategy across the globe within their aligned verticals, while also ensuring any vertical specific initiatives are delivered to meet the needs of the individual commercial businesses. Key stakeholder engagement skills at the executive management and commercial business levels are critical for the success of this position, with the majority of colleagues in their aligned verticals located in the states of New York, Florida, and California.
You are accountable for:
- In partnership with the HR Head of Americas and HR peers, contributing to the overall development of the Informa Markets HR Strategic Plan and ensuring deliverables are achieved within the aligned verticals.
- Working with senior management within the vertical, identify and deliver specific initiatives which provide added value, where the Sr. HRBP leader is an active participating member of the respective Senior Leadership team, and engages with the performance and overall strategy of the commercial business.
- Leading, developing, and coaching the HR Business Partner team to deliver a strong consistent level of engagement to all colleagues within the aligned verticals and across Informa as a whole.
- Working with the wider Informa Markets Global HR functions, ensuring Talent Acquisition, Learning & Performance, and Compensation are fully aligned to the commercial business needs of the verticals.
- Developing proactive and commercially focused solutions across a range of HR disciplines which include (and are not limited to), overall HR engagement strategy, talent management, organizational design, employee relations and performance management for the vertical.
- Actively reviewing and cascading to Senior Leaders in the vertical any monthly data reports, identifying both regional and vertical specific actions required. Ensures the HR Business Partner, Talent Acquisition Partner, Compensation, and the Learning & Performance teams are in alignment with any actions which may require attention.
- Ensuring the verticals accurately and timely deliver annual processes in alignment with the HR Calendar such as performance & salary/bonus reviews, goal setting, talent mapping, succession & leadership development planning, and any current or forecasted budget & headcount planning as requested.
- Managing the implementation, engagement and budget alignment with senior managers regarding the annual compensation review process within the verticals.
- Providing feedback and working closely with the Talent Acquisition Team to ensure future headcount planning for the verticals are shared and resourced to meet the commercial business needs accordingly.
- Cascading to senior managers within the verticals various policies, handbooks, and compliance practices, or related changes to each, and ensuring adherence within verticals.
- Participating in both Global and Americas specific HR projects and colleague engagement initiatives.
- Ensuring all compliance areas such as FLSA, leave/accommodation, workplace safety, and other related areas are fully in place across the verticals. Ensures all HR partnerships, including Legal, Talent Acquisition, and Compensation are supporting the verticals and are in alignment to the needs of each vertical, mitigating risk to the commercial business.
- Supporting the HR Head of Americas with any Informa Markets related acquisitions or divestitures within the verticals. This includes supporting detailed due diligence, risk analysis, culture assessment, organizational development, integration planning, onboarding and offboarding and general HR support for the accountable senior leadership and project team.
- Ensuring all HR controls are in place, communicated and adhered to within the verticals.
- Leading on all aspects of organizational change within the verticals to ensure initiatives are successfully managed and implemented. Engages with the Informa Markets communications team when necessary to assist in supporting company communications.
Your People Management responsibilities include:
- Leading, developing, and coaching the HRBP team to ensure that direction, support and engagement with HR deliverables are being initiated and achieved in alignment with the commercial business.
- Ensuring any development goals and KPIs are cascaded accordingly within the HRBP team.
- Supporting the assigned Talent Acquisition Partner and providing regular performance feedback to ensure recruitment activities are aligned to each vertical’s priorities while simultaneously meeting the commercial business needs.
- Creating an environment where HR is a trusted business partner across the various business units within each vertical, and ensuring colleagues feel HR is supportive and engaged with their needs.
- Leading by example by taking responsibility for decisions and actions as part of the vertical leadership team and being commercially focused on the business and its performance.
- Supporting and taking steps to be actively engaged with various programs and initiatives to build a culture of continuous improvement, sustainability, and inclusiveness.
- Building a culture of delivery excellence across Informa’s global HR function as an HR leader.
What you bring to the team:
- Relevant college degree, professional HR Qualification (e.g. SHRM/HRCI) or equivalent is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience in a Sr. HR Business Partner or similar HR business facing leadership role. Related industry background is preferred.
- Prior experience leading, coaching, and developing off-site HR professionals.
- Demonstratable experience of working with multiple key stakeholders at an executive level while leading an HR team across multiple locations.
- Ability to travel up to 30% with multiple overnight stays primarily to locations within the region but with possible international travel when business needs require.
- Experience of dealing with employment practices and legislation in multiple states; experience with California and New York laws preferred.
- Results-focused and commercially business minded, with a strength of being able to assess commercial and financial risk followed by recommending actions to mitigate or resolve.
- M&A expertise, mainly focusing on participating in due diligence and integration planning.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and business acumen, including the ability to communicate and engage Executive and Senior Managers, to inspire trust and confidence as part of a high performing leadership team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to project manage, delegate, multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills preferred.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and has a solution-focused approach, combined with adaptability and resilience in a fast-paced, international environment.
What we offer:
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Employee Discount Program
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply. Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Why Work at Informa?
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com