DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST -- New York, NY
Aviation Week Network is the premier organizer of aviation and aerospace conferences, exhibitions, awards ceremonies, symposiums, and roundtables around the world.
The Digital Marketing Specialist position supports the Events Marketing team with the creation, implementation and analyzing of digital marketing campaigns to generate brand awareness, leads, paid registrations, and ultimately drive visitor attendance and grow the exhibition floor. Develop digital marketing campaigns that are content rich, increase interest in the event portfolio, strengthen the brands’ social platforms and achieve agreed targets. Ensure the optimization of the attendee and exhibitor customer journey via digital channels.
You are accountable for:
- Enhancing the Web Experience
- Provide creative input for the show websites’ look and feel, functionality and content to deliver key performance indicators including unique visitors and time on site ultimately leading to conversion of registered attendee / sales enquiry.
- Work with the marketing team to improve the customer experience through enhanced functionality / design elements
- Create and distribute a production and content schedule to ensure timely and relevant updates
- Customer Communications
- Create audiences (data segments) in Eloqua with the appropriate suppressions (experience with Eloqua a plus)
- In conjunction with the Operations Team, deliver accurate and relevant show updates to exhibitors
- Oversee daily operations of InGo and Feathr tools (previous experience a plus)
- Create and distribute social media messaging across channels including twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and WeChat.
- Data Management
- Work with the Events Team to ensure incoming data is tagged and mapped appropriately for effective use in marketing systems
- Actively identify new markets and target audiences to ensure development of events
- Ensure that the collection of data and delivery of digital communications confirms with relevant Group policies and relevant data privacy legislation
- SEM, SEO and Paid Digital Campaigns
- Ensure the effective implementation of SEM campaigns including paid programs, social media campaigns and SEO.
- Grow the show brand’s online presence via digital activity in paid and free channels
- Oversee digital analytics / campaign tracking to monitor benchmarks, track success and refine campaigns for website, mobile, social media and content.
- Create and execute SEO tactics to ensure first-page rankings for top keywords, incorporate SEO best practices into the website architecture and content, and deliver SEO audit to recommend plan to improve ranking.
- Keep abreast of developments in social media and monitor trends in tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Reporting and Administration
- Day-to-day management of all digital programs and campaigns
- Maintain a digital calendar of activity and content, ensuring total integration with other marketing activities
- Run performance reports to measure the results from earned, owned and paid digital media. Report digital KPI’s across shows.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external teams to increase conversion from platform and community.
- Work with design manager to ensure artwork for campaigns is delivered accurately and to deadlines
What we're looking for:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in marketing, or a digital related field.
- Demonstrable experience of creating and executing successful marketing automation campaigns
- 3-5 years experience in digital marketing and communications, growing a brand’s presence, traffic and sales/conversions as well as tracking ROI
- A solid understanding of Google Analytics, and related tracking technologies and content management systems. Basic knowledge of HTML and any design programs is advantageous.
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms, especially LinkedIn Ads, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram, with a strong sense of different community behaviors and experience using social media to drive ROI and business goals.
- Experience of digital media buying and remarketing tactics.
- Excellent copywriting/proofreading skills and an understanding of how to optimize content for search and social
- A solid understanding of how to analyze campaign effectiveness, recreate successful campaigns, optimize sub-optimal campaigns.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, mainly Acrobat, Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation, and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Adept at quickly learning a broad array of technologies and applying that knowledge to real world business problems.
- A strong team player who interacts well with clients, vendors and internal stakeholders
- A proven success in a high growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Flexibility to travel to support on-site teams at designated events
What we offer:
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
Want to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!