The focus of the role is to drive revenue growth for the Intermodal portfolio, which includes the live exhibitions of Intermodal Asia and Europe.
The role fits within Informa’s Industrial vertical - which includes brands such as, IFSEC, FIREX, Safety and Health Expo, IMHX and more. The Commercial Manager is responsible for the commercial success of the event.
- Key account management.
- Securing new business, including: stand sales and sponsorship.
- Maximising client spend.
- Managing and developing complex sponsorship packages.
- Driving development and implementation of sales strategies and defining objectives and plans for maximising growth and profitability.
- Establishing and maintaining customer pavilions, partners, associations, agent relationships.
- Management of our joint venture partnership.
- Formulate and execute the management of a successful rebooking campaign.
- Analyse and evaluate competitive shows.
- Complete regular, accurate budget revenue forecasting.
- Contribute to the marketing plan including developing the sales strategy.
- Work closely with the Marketing Managers to design, create and write copy for marketing materials and websites based on customer requirements.
- Mentor the team and support their learning, process knowledge and assist with developing the team’s industry knowledge.
- Utilise customer insights and knowledge to shape future content.
- Develop a strategy with Operations team with respect to floor plans, special events, custom sponsorship and bespoke client requirements.
- Complete a weekly update for the Event Director focusing on sales highlights, target progression and team members development.
- Prepare weekly reports detailing acheivements within the week and projections are for the next week.
- Ensure accurate exhibitor pipelines are presented to managers, and support with reviews and analysis.
- Liaise with credit control team for debt management.
Additional duties may be required, and roles/responsibilities are not limited to the above.
Qualities needed for the role
- Commercially driven with a demonstratable record of delivering revenue and growth within an exhibition business.
- Strategic thinker who is able to generate ideas, think about the bigger picture and deliver on them to generate profit.
- Act as a role model for good practice and shares knowledge and learning of this across the company.
- Full understanding of the sales and events cycle.
- Experience of financial planning, budgeting and sales planning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualities needed for culture fit
- Ability to act autonomously.
- Work to set deadlines.
- Outgoing personality.
- Team player.
- Commercially astute.
- International sales experience
- Management experience
- IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge or CRM (preferably Salesforce).
- Good communication skills in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Mandarin (written and spoken)