Job Description: Content Marketing Manager (Manchester)
The Routes business, which is part of Informa Markets’ Aviation Week Network, is looking for a content marketer with strong creative, analytical and project management skills.
The focus of the role is to employ a content-centric strategy to capture and retain the attention of target audiences, compelling them to engage with the Routes portfolio of events and online products, with a strong emphasis on future event hosts and the online directory Route Exchange area.
The marketing team works in close daily collaboration with cross-functional colleagues in editorial, future hosting, host and project management and sales together with other teams within the Aviation Week Network to deliver campaigns that drive revenue and long-term audience engagement.
As this is a global position, working with colleagues from the US to Australia, a degree of flexibility and ability to travel is required.
- Work with future host team to create bespoke content marketing campaigns to support the regional and world hosting pipelines, draw on wider Aviation Week Network group (most specifically CAPA) to support data and intelligence provision for campaigns.
- Work with the Routesonline client relations team and airline team, to drive forward product development for the Route Exchange (the online directory of route development – which consists of paid for profiles). The enhanced product will need to create event-related benefits including intelligence and strengthening the product’s content marketing offering.
- Create meaningful short stories and longer reads about previous host destinations, and the economic impact of hosting benefits, and utilise all available insights using charts and graphics based on the wider groups’ rich data sources.
- Curate existing internal content, turning it into visual stories from start to finish. Liaising with Online Editor and utilising analytical tools for story and content format development.
- Work with Digital Marketing Executive on performance of channel utilisation and develop strategies to achieve agreed business objectives.
- Use all available distribution channels to put Routes events and content in front of target audiences.
- Develop and implement a tone of voice that is consistent with both Routes and the Aviation Week Network’s high editorial standards. Be a digital brand ambassador.
- Employ a metrics-driven approach for all activities.
- Previous experience of working in a content marketing role, ideally within the aviation and/or transport industry.
- A knowledge of customer journey mapping, delivering the right content to the right audience personas and utilising the marketing funnel, will be essential.
- Experience and management of content across digital channels identifying the channels their audience is using how to maximize their company resources to drive impact across such channels.
- Excellent copywriting skills across online and offline channels with particular attention to copy that resonates across multiple geographies where English is not necessarily the first language
- Research skills for sourcing relevant content from audiences, insight, networks and industry
- Confidence to build and maintain key relationships with the market e.g. – associations, partners, media, attendees, hosts
- Knowledge/experience of PPC, social media marketing and SEO and proven experience of using web analytics to understand how to use original content and curated content from the content teams to maximize the reach and potential
- Flexibility to change priorities as and when needed
- Calm under pressure
- Works well within a team