Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, FN PLATFORM and CHILDREN'S CLUB. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic shows will translate into stronger shows for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised shows, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, Informa Fashion serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas and Japan. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, accessories, and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
What we’re looking for:
The Retail Specialist is someone who understand both sides of the aisle in footwear. This role engages, develops, cultivates, and maintains strong relationships with key retail store management & buyers, with the overarching goal of securing attendance at Informa Fashion Footwear trade events, including FN PLATFORM, SOLE COMMERCE, FOOTWEAR@COTERIE and PROJECT SOLE NY. This role focuses on maintaining and strengthening retail relationships, while identifying and recruiting new and lapsed retail targets. Working with the Vertical President and Brand Teams, this role will develop programs which retailers would find meaningful and beneficial for their businesses. This role will support sales, marketing, and PR regarding retail-specific information.
Role accountability and duties:
- Researches new retailers to invite to the shows; studies market categories and retail business trends, identifies leaders in retail roles and targets potential attendees within assigned tiers and product categories.
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with key retailers within assigned tier or segment.
- Proactive relationship building with key VIB retailers via phone, email, and/or face-to-face interactions.
- Develop Matchmaking value add programs to connect retailers and exhibiting brands.
- Responds to retailer inquiries via in-person meetings, phone, and e-mail; researches and resolves all questions.
- Working in tandem with Brand Leads and copywriters, contributes to the “voice” of retail relations. Collaborates on the creation of copy and other retail collateral; works with marketing to entice retailer attendance.
- Qualifies prospective attendees as retailers and helps them complete the registration process to attend the shows.
- Tracks, updates, and analyzes data regarding retailers In Salesforce.com; provides ongoing retailer information for the sales team including key retailer lists and relevant content about new and returning retailers. Prepares and executes reports and analysis as requested.
- Coordinates on-site show set-up and execution as needed; Assists with onsite retails programs and events as required.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, fashion buying/merchandising or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years wholesale sales or retail sales experience.
- Understanding, knowledge, and interest in the footwear industry and retail environment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Sales experience in footwear preferred.
- Strong customer service approach.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented, creative and innovative thinker with a can-do attitude.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Self-starter who knows how to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Working experience with Salesforce
- Existing relationships with key retailers a must.
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year. For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.
Competitive Compensation Package
Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
401K and Matching
Generous PTO policy
Additional discounts through various partnerships
Join the Informa Fashion Community:
Informa Fashion: https://www.ubmfashion.com/
Informa Fashion Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ubm_fashion/?hl=en
Informa Fashion Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC32hNiaxF6pDMRmjckxZbQ
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.