SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide.
Informa Markets Division organizes transaction-oriented exhibitions and trade shows, offering buyers and sellers across different industries and communities a powerful platform to meet face to face, build relationships and conduct business. Informa has a portfolio of more than 200 exhibitions across a number of core verticals, including Construction & Real Estate, Health & Nutrition, Beauty, and Pop Culture.
The AIA Conference on Architecture attracts one of the largest annual gatherings of architects and design professionals in the U.S., with between 17,000-20,000 registrants annually. A core element of this event is the Architecture Expo, with 650 exhibiting companies providing 160,000-180,000 square feet of displays. Attendees have the experience of discovering and sourcing new products and services and the latest technologies in a robust, hands-on environment.
What we’re looking for:
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for booth space and sponsorship sales. Reporting to the team's Sales Manager, this person will be in a key revenue-generating role. Working within their assigned territory, the AE is responsible for retaining and upgrading existing customers; sourcing and closing new business; selling sponsorship and promotional elements; and providing superior customer service throughout the show cycle.
You are accountable for:
- Achieving weekly, monthly, event-specific, and annual sales goals
- Performing extensive research on the marketplace and customers to develop a pipeline of prospects
- Maintaining accurate and detailed notes in the customer database
- Remaining current on sales tracking and forecasting to provide accurate updates to the show team
- Working with the accounting team to ensure accurate billing and keeping current on receivables
- Providing customer sales support and service for assigned accounts throughout the sales cycle
- Performing duties on show site as needed
- Tracking and attending other industry trade shows to connect with new prospects and keep up with industry trends
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 7-10 years sales experience with proven track record of success
- Sales success on trade shows or events is a strong plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and business savvy
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications and sales support systems (i.e. SalesLogix or Salesforce) as well the ability to learn proprietary data and tracking systems
- Initiative and self-directed
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
Want to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!