Informa Markets requires an enthusiastic and confident Privacy analyst to help drive a developing Privacy Compliance programme. Informa Markets Privacy and Compliance acts as a technical resource to the Division, providing advice and assistance to ensure the business is able to operate effectively whilst complying with all relevant global privacy and data protection obligations. The role will require the successful applicant to clearly explain relevant laws and guidance to the business and to implement internal policies and procedures.
The purpose of the role is to provide professional, efficient and high-quality support for the Division’s key initiatives and directly support the Privacy and Compliance Manager.
The Privacy Analyst will need to demonstrate a good degree of technical expertise in privacy and data protection and will assist in training, privacy assessments and embedding and implementing the OneTrust Privacy Management tool in order to maintain a high standard of compliance.
This role is suited to a candidate with experience of working in a privacy role or who has been working in a Compliance role but has an understanding of data protection laws and a desire to learn and gain hands on privacy management experience. The successful candidate will have a good eye for detail the ability to multi-task and provide advice in a fast-paced commercial environment. A good knowledge of data protection law is essential.
Working with the Privacy & Compliance Manager to develop and implement the Privacy plan with focus areas including:
- Implementing and supporting the Vendor Privacy Assessment Process
- Ensuring assessments are completed on time
- Advising the business of any risks and ensuring these are documented
- Maintaining relationships with Security and Procurement teams to ensure the process runs effectively
- Assist and support Privacy Compliance Manager in breach/non-compliance investigations
- Undertaking research on Global data protection laws to provide effective support for the business
- Creating materials and supporting in delivering face to face Privacy training and awareness for the business in key risk areas of marketing, HR, Sales and Operations
- Assessing and working with the business to ensure the web estate adheres to global privacy standards
- Assist in the development of guidance templates and the development of the internal portal to support the Privacy awareness communications plan
- Monitoring Compliance activities and effectiveness of internal controls conducting assessments and audits
- Provide support for processing responses to rights requests
- Assist the business in completing and work with the Privacy and Compliance manager to review Privacy Impact Assessments.
Essential skills & experience
- In-depth understanding of Privacy laws (UK, European and Global knowledge desirable)
- Previous 1-3 years' + experience working in a large enterprise environment delivering privacy or other Compliance projects.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with stakeholders of varied accountability and seniority
- Proactivity and an ability to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
Desirable skills & experience
- Information Security, Risk or Privacy industry certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CIPP).
- Relevant experience within Exhibitions management or working on business content platforms
- Experience working for a global company with competing regional Compliance requirements