The TOC Portfolio, which includes events TOC Europe, TOC Asia, TOC Americas as well as other TOC Events planned in 2020/21
TOC ASIA – Singapore TOC Europe – Rotterdam TOC Americas – Peru
Overview of Position:
The successful candidate will sell exhibition stand space, sponsorship across the TOC Portfolio. The candidate will be responsible for telephone sales to both new and existing business. It is expected that the candidate will grow existing business and will be responsible for sourcing new sales leads and closing new business. The candidate will be expected to understand the market served sufficiently to achieve a consultative sales approach. The job is office based, with international travel.
The candidate will have successful track record in sales, preferably with b2b media or exhibition sales, and will demonstrate success in growing revenue through new business. They will also need to demonstrate a flexible approach to sales, using different techniques as required. Key skill sets and responsibilities for this role are:-
- Working to predetermined targets to sell exhibition space and sponsorship.
- Conduct on-going telesales activity and be able to confidently sell and close via the telephone, as well as understand the consultative sales process.
- Responsible for finding and developing new business as well as handling and growing existing business. Sourcing and closing new business is essential.
- Face to face sales skills are required.
- Ability to analyse and canvass competitive shows.
- Contacting past exhibitors and prospective companies.
- Ability to manage own sales pipeline.
- Maintain sales database and keep up to date.
- Have the ability to be a team-player taking on board and implementing new ideas from colleagues (both sales and non-sales) and to contribute your own ideas.
- Success will be measured on weekly activity levels i.e. calls per week, sales against target and new business leads per week.
Will be measured and judged on achievement of revenue targets, profitability, quality of deliverables and on activity levels.
- Previous sales experience, preferably in exhibitions
- Passionate customer focused attitude
- Idea generator, initiative-taker and ability to think outside the box
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and rapport building skills
- Resilient, determined and able to work under pressure
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Team player
- Strong drive and ambition
- Salesforce or CRM knowledge an advantage
- Potential to develop to Senior Sales Executive /Sales Manager
“Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin”