SENIOR EDITOR, DESIGN NEWS
The Advanced Manufacturing Group of Informa Markets is seeking an experienced editor who thrives on producing a high volume of compelling, quality content that connects the dots around industry trends impacting design engineers; keeps our readers apprised of new technology developments; and drives traffic with punchy headlines, slideshows, and listicles – all while adhering to daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines. The right candidate must have creativity and out-of-the-box thinking skills to brainstorm story ideas, new approaches to content, and tactics for digital growth.
What we’re looking for:
Informa Markets is seeking an experienced Senior Editor/Senior Technical Editor who possesses deep knowledge of one or more of the following industries—electronics, automotive, and 3D printing—to produce and drive editorial coverage on the Design News media brand for our audience of design engineers.
You are accountable for:
- Conducting research, interviewing industry sources, writing stories, and editing content on electronics, automotive and/or 3D printing industry developments on daily deadline for our Design News media brand.
- Brainstorming, pitching, developing, and executing on editorial stories within assigned beat.
- Going beyond the press release to provide analysis and/or insight in every article. Providing real value to readers and content that other outlets aren’t offering.
- Generating high-impact content in a variety of formats and channels.
- Working with the Content Director to identify and fill gaps in coverage of the beat through internal resources and freelancers.
- Measuring, monitoring, and optimizing content effectiveness using web and social media analytics, including Omniture, Facebook, Hootsuite, and Twitter Insights. Actively shifting coverage/efforts to meet goals.
- Building e-newsletters and optimizing headlines for maximum engagement.
- Striving to build community and actively engage our audience of design engineering professionals through our websites, social media, webinars, conferences, and live events.
- Producing special reports, including eBooks and data compilations.
- Building relationships with industry leaders to identify emerging trends and significant industry developments.
- Acting in an advisory role to relevant live events, which spans consulting on subject matter, referring contacts, providing feedback on agendas, and providing some event support, such as panel moderation.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or other relevant field (or equivalent on-the-job experience); engineering degree or background a plus.
- 10+ years relevant editorial/reporting/journalism experience.
- Knowledge of and proven experience reporting on/writing about one or more of the following industries: electronics, automotive and/or 3D printing.
- Proven track record of pitching, developing, and producing high-value content for a fast-paced media organization.
- Strong interviewing, editing, writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to generate click-worthy editorial content, including stories, slideshows, and listicles.
- Demonstrated social media savvy.
- Familiarity with web content management systems, SEO principles, and digital editing software.
- Ability to meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
- Ability to travel several times a year to industry events and team meetings.
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Job location: Remote from anywhere in the U.S. or where Informa has offices, including Santa Monica, San Francisco, New York, Minneapolis, and Denver.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
What to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!