The Vitafoods Portfolio, which includes exhibitions Vitafoods Europe and Vitafoods Asia as well as digital content platform Vitafoods Insights, is part of Informa’s Health and Nutrition vertical - which includes brands such as, Expo West, SupplySide West, NBJ Summit, Natural Products INSIDER and more.
Overview of Position:
The successful candidate will sell exhibition stand space, sponsorship and digital media solutions for Vitafoods Europe, Vitafoods Asia and Vitafoods Insights to suppliers in the Nutraceutical market. It is expected that the candidate will grow existing business and will be responsible for sourcing new sales leads and closing new business. The candidate will be expected to understand the market served sufficiently to achieve a consultative sales approach. The job is office based, with international travel and visits to trade fairs required.
The candidate must have a successful track record in sales, preferably within exhibitions and/or b2b media sales and will able to grow revenue through new business. They will also need to demonstrate a flexible approach to sales, using different sales skills and techniques as required. Key skill sets and responsibilities for this role are:-
The role and skills required:
- Working to predetermined targets to sell exhibition space, sponsorship and digital assets.
- Conduct on-going telesales activity and be able to confidently sell and close via the telephone, as well as understand the consultative sales process.
- Responsible for finding and developing new business as well as handling and growing existing business. Sourcing and closing new business is essential.
- Face to face sales skills are required for visits with exhibitors across Europe.
- Ability to analyse and canvass competitive shows.
- Contacting past exhibitors and prospecting new companies.
- Ability to manage own sales pipeline and numerical acumen
- Maintain sales database and keep up to date contacts and notes in a relevant “Sales Project” on CRM.
- Tactical and strategic involvement into sales collateral, sales mailings and sales strategy.
- A team-player taking on board and implementing new ideas from colleagues (both sales and non-sales) and to contribute your own ideas to the team.
- Success will be measured on weekly activity levels ie. calls per week, sales against target, new business leads per week and how well or close you are to your customers
- A respectful and supportive team player
- Accurate, confident and timely reporting with regards to: targets and pipelines in sqms and revenue and sponsorship
- Be able to create, customise and sell multiple bespoke sponsorship packages of over €15k+
- Cross-sell to different events and digital platforms
- Play an active role in Account Management, i.e. understanding their clients profile, activities as well as goals and strategies and problems and be able to recommend solutions.
- Be able to handle clients’ objections effectively, incorporating spin selling techniques
- Have a commercial approach when selling to associations and government bodies
- Be proactive and creative in the sales approach seeking new business opportunities
- Take ownership of own work, demonstrate independent thinking
- Be able to carry out project work with clear impact and outcomes
- Have a good understanding of Portfolio strategy and embrace necessary changes
Will be measured on achievement of revenue targets, profitability, quality of deliverables, activity levels, impact and client success.
- Three years sales experience, preferably in exhibitions
- Passionate customer focused attitude
- Idea generator, initiative-taker and ability to think outside the box
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and rapport building skills
- Resilient, determined and able to work under pressure
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Team player
- Strong drive and ambition
- A second language would be an advantage
- Potential to develop to Sales Manager
Interested applicants should send their CV and covering letter (including salary expectations) to Chris Lee (Managing Director) on firstname.lastname@example.org or for further details on the position please contact Chris on +44 (20) 701 77036. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
Internal applicants must inform their line manager if they wish to apply for this role