What we’re looking for:
Informa Markets is seeking a full-time Operations Specialist in the Santa Monica office. The Operations Specialist will provide event and tradeshow support for multiple and diverse portfolios. This person will be responsible for the coordination of a wide variety of tasks related to tradeshow operations as well as providing assistance to our exhibitors, sales team, and marketing staff.
You are accountable for:
- Assisting with the coordination of assigned event signage, including collection of content, creation of graphics presentation to stakeholders, submission to creative team, editing and approval of signage proofs, and advance and onsite placement/removal.
- Communicating approved event designs to all appropriate team members.
- Assisting with coordination, preparation, and workflow of work orders pertaining to all event service providers, including but not limited to electrical, internet, venue services, decorator services, audio visual services, office equipment, etc. to ensure a smooth and orderly move-in/out of the event.
- Assistance with the creation of (or the creation of, entirely), exhibitor service manuals and any other exhibitor services correspondence required, including deadline reminders.
- Working with the internal content team to manage keynotes, speakers and conference information and program budgets including all incoming and outgoing speaker correspondence (contracts, payments, travel details, event updates/deadlines, audio visual requests and registration inquiries). Work with internal content teams to ensure speaker compliance as it pertains to the speaking guidelines.
- Coordinating sponsorship deliverables and any customer service correspondence related to the execution of their sponsorship, including shipping information, required logo collection, and communication of any required production specifications. Manage related orders and expenses including onsite banners and signage locations, sponsored sessions and events, tote bag giveaways, etc.
- Coordinating audio visual needs and keynote/conference rehearsal schedules with all appropriate parties. Collaborate with the AV vendor to ensure budgetary compliance. Work with operations lead within each area of responsibility in reconciling all costs/invoices.
- Coordinating and maintaining historical data on all conferences as well as specific aspects of the conference, the accuracy of which is paramount due to the need to use the information in the future.
- Developing catering orders from existing venue or caterer menus, submission of orders, and review and sign-off of all Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) before assigned events. Working in conjunction with the event lead to accurately forecast catering costs.
- Communicating exhibitor needs to floor planning team and the general service contractor.
- Financial duties such as reviewing and processing vendor payment, budget management assistance, preparing estimates and projections and updating and maintaining cost sheets.
- Oversight of event management shipping/receiving of materials to event site including distribution of shipping labels, collection of tracking information and onsite procedures of receiving freight, ordering and shipping of show supplies.
- Assisting with the production of onsite printed materials.
- Communication of deadlines, show, and booth package information to sales, floor planning and marketing team (and others, as necessary).
- Creation, management, and retention of change order sheets.
- Creation, updating, and editing a variety of assigned reports on a weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Traveling to events as needed (up to 25%)
- Other duties as assigned
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls (operate a computer and other office equipment)
- Reach with hands and arms as well as talk, hear, balance, stoop, kneel crouch or crawl
- Occasionally lift up to 35lbs
- Unpack boxes as show site
- Although the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, show attendance will have higher noise levels
What you bring to the team:
- 4-year college degree or commensurate, demonstrated experience
- 1-3 years of experience in either events, hotel and/or banquet operations or sales or facilities administration. Prior knowledge of trade shows a plus
- Experience with hotel and/or banquet sales or facilities management and planning
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly detail oriented, with problem solving and conflict management abilities
- Success meeting varying deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of personal computers and MS Office, and cost management.
- Initiative and self-direction
- Strong customer service
- Team Player
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
What to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!