Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year. For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com. www.informaexhibitions.com)
- This role will be responsible for the management of multi-sized projects, typically (but not exclusively) involving the development and implementation or integration / separation of business processes and systems to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality.
- You will be responsible for set-up, management and delivery of a single complex project or a collection of projects with medium to high complexity, multiple stakeholders and a large degree of change impacts across the division.
- You will be required to manage the day to day activities through the life cycle of the project, working with teams within a matrix environment. You must be proactive in managing issues and risks.
- You may be required to establish and run a temporary Project Management Office (PMO) structure to deliver a specific project.
- You may be required to be flexible with your working hours dependent upon the requirements of the project and time zones of various programme/project stakeholders.
- You must ensure that all company policies are adhered to and that specific duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
- You will have the capability to build strong relationships with both technical and business colleagues internally and manage external vendor relationships.
- You will have a knowledge of data, data architectures, analytics, data quality, master data (preferred) and cloud-based integrations along with a proficiency in mechanisms required to solutioning and delivery of resolutions to challenges
- You will ultimately ensure that projects are delivered to pre-determined timescales, within budget and with effective change management procedures in place.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge end user requirements with Informa Markets’ and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial scope development through implementation, and benefit realisation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and prepare accurate reports and status updates for all assigned projects, providing key visibility of project health to stakeholders
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements; translate business needs into technical requirements for the technical teams.
- Responsible for capturing project scope, objectives and milestones, involving all relevant stakeholders, including third parties and ensuring technical feasibility working with other key members of the projects, programmes, Group Technology team and Shared Service Functions.
- Ensure all relevant project documents i.e. business case, plans, lessons learned, follow on actions and project end reports are created, updated and stored appropriately
- Provide a clear channel of communication ensuring implications of project design, cost, complexity and delivery timelines are well defined and understood.
- Manage interdependent risks and issues across the projects along with mitigation, escalation and change requests.
- Lead stakeholder engagement to ensure adoption of change management into project delivery plans whilst constantly gathering feedback to understand business priorities and their impact
- Demonstrate proactive thinking with the development of contingency plans which could be implemented if the project encounters problems to minimise and manage exposure
- Coordinate relationships and support with third-party vendors
- Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- Create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, project summaries and updates.
- Collaboration with other workstream Project Managers within the Programme to find synergies and efficiencies with shared resource to streamline delivery and operations
- Manage and communicate with remote developers/teams during non-traditional business hours.
People Management Responsibilities:
- Project Team workload management
- Line management (if required)
- Motivate team to ensure project deliverables are met
- Support communication structures across the team to ensure all key messages are communicated
- Support change delivery team colleagues to develop a plan for cross-training, work shadowing and rotation of responsibilities within team
- Provides coaching on both soft and technical skills within the team
- Act as a role model to others
- Experience in managing and delivering successful Salesforce implementations and related integrations and modules including CPQ and Billing.
- Strong portfolio, programme and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years’ experience of managing projects across a diverse range of projects in size and complexity.
- Strong technical knowledge and competence to engage with the relevant technical personnel on an efficient level.
- Ability to influence, engage and motivate teams and external vendors
- Experience in resource planning, managing and dealing with conflict
- Knowledge of Data, Data architectures, Analytics, Data Quality, Master Data (preferred) and Cloud based integrations
- Understanding of challenges that come with running large, heavily used, applications
- Understanding of challenges that come with a high velocity of change.
- Clear understanding of the importance of communication (verbal and written), demonstrating excellence at all levels of stakeholder
- Highly organised, diligent with attention to detail, ability to multi-task and the ability to maintain these skills whilst working under pressure
- Confident, proactive, flexible, and motivated with an ability to problem-solve and overcome obstacles
- Demonstrate forward thinking, having solid awareness of ‘what’s next’ with the ability to manage through times of uncertainty or project issues
- Experience, and understanding in project management methodologies.
- Visually oriented, with strong verbal and written skills with the ability to articulate ideas and thoughts clearly.
- Experience in developing technical strategy in alignment with broader business goals.
- Ability to manage own workload
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in working on integrating large scale multinational M&A’s
- PRINCE2/PMP or similar qualifications
- Experience working in a global environment, across numerous functional domains
- Experience leading large process improvement / excellence activities
- Experience driving organisational behaviour based on KPI / KPO
- Great Communicator
- Analytical, Rational thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.