Informa Markets is seeking a talented individual to join us as Editor – Pharma.
The Editor develops articles, news stories, and special reports on scientific, technical, and business topics important to bio/pharmaceutical development and manufacturing in Europe and other regions. The Editor is responsible for authoring and producing print, online, conference, and multimedia content for the CPhI and Pharmapack brands.
You will be an enthusiastic B2B content professional, used to producing high quality journalism to meet deadlines and move the industry agenda forward. The role is to provide industry insights and knowledge to our audience through breaking news, in-depth features and special reports, firmly positioning our brands at the heart of the Pharmaceutical industry.
• Creating and managing an annual content calendar, in line with Marketing Campaigns
• Writing news and features, create and edit content for different audiences within Pharma, from Scientists and Formulators to Sales & Marketing Roles and Packaging Experts.
• Establish partnerships with trusted sources to acquire content
• Managing relationships with freelancers and contributors, being the main point of contact for PRs and for features from regular authors
• Interview industry experts
• Report on science, technical, and business developments and advances
• Copyedit and proofread assigned content
• Attending and reporting from conferences, lectures and networking events
• Moderate webcasts and conference sessions; conduct audio and video interviews
• Work closely with internal Marketing, Content & Brand teams on campaign plans and content requirements
• Support conference programme development through in-depth research and industry knowledge
Qualities needed for the role
• Excellent at building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Deadline orientated
• Meticulous, with great attention to detail
- Self-starter, works off own initiative
Qualities needed for culture fit
- Confident and outgoing
- Team player
- Friendly and approachable
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Previous experience in B2B writing for multiple audiences
- Examples of published content on bio/pharmaceutical, life science, or health-related topics (preferably for B2B communications)
- Native (or Native level) English speaker
- Demonstrable editorial skills - strong interviewing, editing, writing, communication, and organisational skills.
- Degree in pharmaceutical science, chemistry, or biology preferred
- Additional languages advantageous
Candidates must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.