The Sales Operations Executive role supports a sales team, who could be selling multiple brands/products across regions. The sales operation function acts as a business enabler to the sales team, helping them achieve revenue goals by ensuring process consistency and quality, implementing new processes to improve efficiency for the sales function to focus on sales-generation based activities.
The role will provide structured sales administration, Salesforce (CRM) support, data analysis and investigation, reporting, and data management / entry support. The role will also involve campaign set up and management, dashboard creation and management, new user training and general event support.
The Sales Operations Executive will report into a Head of Sales. They will build knowledge and understanding of the Sales systems such as Salesforce and ESOP, whilst supporting IT service requests through Service Now. The role will include the set-up and management of Sales campaigns within Salesforce, liaising with relevant business unit Sales leaders to assign sales campaigns to individual sales team members. Furthermore, the role will support with the management of data quality, accuracy and consistency for the business unit, whilst also be on hand to support specific business unit reporting or analysis requirements.
Part of the role will be to support sales data entry into ESOP (Electronic Sales Order Processing) system, ensuring the quality and accuracy of information which is entered into ESOP ahead of generating the sales contract to be sent to a customer.
Whilst they will primarily support sales teams they will also play a major role in supporting the Event Director and support Event Operations and Customer Service teams, with data list pull requests and reporting needs.
CRM / ESOP /ASOP support to sales teams
- Help team to use system functionality
- Sharing best practice
- Deliver focus groups / training
- Support extra training for new features
- New starter on-boarding
- Manage IT service requests
- Support data entry into ESOP or other order processing tools
- Responsible for producing text for contract creation within ESOP
- Serve as Subject Matter Experts (SME) on Salesforce business process for sales teams
Reporting, Data Analysis & Investigation
- Perform reporting and develop reports as required for leadership
- Support forecasting through using standard inputs from SFDC
- Actively looking at Salesforce to observe usage, movement of Sales opportunities and keeping Sales leadership informed
- Investigate analysis to spot trends in performance and understand causes
- Manage local focus areas to improve performance
- Monitoring performance of events and products using both financial and customer-centric metrics
Data Management & QA
- Manage data quality, accuracy and consistency
- Proactively identify and rectify data errors shown in reporting
- Manage local initiatives and coach teams to improve data quality
- Set up and manage campaigns
- Identify campaign types required for events
- Assist with assigning campaigns to individuals
- Manage the gathering of member lists / data for campaigns and QA
- Actively track competitive shows and publications to seek out new leads
Sales Administration & Event Support
- Support the Event Director to build out and define the annual financial plan, revenue forecasts and growth targets.
- Support where necessary in the annual financial planning and quarterly forecast meeting reviews.
- Manage the event floor plans, acting as the single lead across Sales, Marketing and Event Ops
- Write Agendas and take minutes and action points at meetings
- Managing the administration and set up process for new starters including the ordering of equipment.
- Book team travel and accommodation
- Oversight of budgets
- Oversight of sponsorship inventory
- May occasionally help develop proposals for Account and Business Development Managers, other members of the sales team
- Key liaison point with Customer Service and Event Operations team for customer data and event floor plan queries
- Key liaison point with Customer Service Team to handover contracted customers for post-sale customer process to commence
- Support the Event Director by representing the event internally and externally; attending, organising and hosting events and meetings and making connections with customers and industry figures.
- Raise purchase orders
- Support the Management Team by representing the event internally and externally; attending, organising and hosting events and meetings.
ILLUSTRATIVE ROLE METRICS:
- Salesforce adoption / usage metrics
- # of users logged on weekly
- Leads converted monthly by user
- Opportunities created monthly by user
- Accuracy of data and reports
- Growth in terms of revenue, sq. ft. and customer numbers
- Existing customer retention, % value from previous year
- Event budget accuracy
Qualities needed for culture fit
- Interest in the Events industry and Sales
- Confident personality, high level of enthusiasm
- Well organised and good time management
- Experience of data analysis and manipulation
- Some experience in managing a budget
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Ability to proactively handle and respond to customer objections
- Ability to see the link between sales operational responsibilities and sales results
- Interpersonal skills
- Experience with Salesforce CRM desirable