ASSOCIATE CONFERENCE PRODUCER
Dynamic opportunity to join the Aviation Week Network events group. An exciting position has arisen for an Associate Conference Producer to join the team to help the Senior Conference Producer direct and deliver a series of events covering the latest trends in the aviation industry and featuring the top global industry thought leaders. The incumbent will be part of an international team that puts on 10-15 events annually, from 200 person conferences to tradeshows for 15,000 attendees, in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas.
What we’re looking for:
Aviation Week Network is seeking a full-time Associate Conference Producer. The incumbent will provide support to the Sr. Conference Producers including writing, editing, production, and follow up.
You are accountable for:
- Manage conference taskforces to increase the presence of young people and women and to ensure that they evolve in terms of representation of companies/individuals
- Speaker Management: Consistently engage with speakers and generate material for short interviews and insights to assist marketing efforts, speaker follow up (quotes) and improved engagement
- Presentation chasing and proofing in the run up to events
- Dropbox management and speaker quality/maintenance for websites
- Work innovatively and creatively to come up with new routes to market for promoting our conference content, sessions and speakers.
- Take the lead on social media promotion of conference content, sessions and speakers
- Assist with research into possible new areas of content or new event locations – conduct surveys, interviews, desktop and phone-based research
- Work with the digital team on the roll-out of new newsletters with regular speaker interviews
- Take the lead on integrating and expanding use of interactive event formats and applications (i.e. Slido, event apps etc)
What you bring to the team:
- At least one year of experience in conference production, preferably in a B2B commercial environment, and ideally experience in creating editorially powerful, well written programs with innovative, interactive formats across a range of topics and subject areas
- Educated to degree level
- Eager to wear multiple hats as an assistant producer and can prioritize, multi-task, and self-motivate and jump into projects as needed
- Excellent communicator who can clearly articulate and communicate their ideas and the ideas of others verbally and in writing. Able and willing to chat somebody up over the phone and in person and not afraid to contribute creative ideas
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A high level of commercial awareness and are target and deadline driven
- Strong networking skills
- Ability to quickly understand a market and draw up list of appropriate topics and speakers
- Interested in aviation and able to research topics and dive headfirst into this industry
- Completely proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite. Basic video editing skills would be a plus
- Able to travel and work long-hours on your feet for events. Bring comfortable shoes
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
What to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!