The Account Manager is responsible for working with the CPhI North America Show Director and Sales Director to identify and close a wide range of products in the franchise portfolio, from exhibitor sales to sponsorships, print advertising in show guide, banner and e-newsletter ads and new products as developed. This position needs to win clients from the outset with little ramp up time. A strong balance of skills is required in creative solution development, opening new doors, winning back business and relationship building. This role will not manage personnel.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to CPhI North America Show Director.
- Develop and drive sales strategy and build a sales pipeline of prospective customers for a range of integrated media offerings including sponsorship opportunities across its media assets
- Prepare presentation materials, proposals, contracts, media kits, and market reports as necessary, communicating clearly with vendors and franchise audience to enhance sales and brand image within the industry
- Create and develop new revenue generating ideas for your brand(s)
- Nurture existing advertisers, as well as breaking through resistance barriers of prospective customers to develop new accounts
- Perform timely advertising and revenue forecasting for designated territory
- Travel to Industry Events
- Collect and share competitive information and product feedback as acquired
- Accountable in achieving revenue goals across the franchise
- Build and maintain deep relationships with key brands, advertisers and agencies
- Communicate client product feedback internally
- Utilize data and research as a key means for generating sales interest across all products and platforms
- Team work with exhibit sales team on sponsorships and opportunities
- Work with Marketing Services division within company to craft deeper buy-in among qualified clients
- Makes daily sales calls, sells including cold calls within a geographic territory or other defined territory, selling integrated packages (one or all of the following: advertising, exhibits, sponsorships).
- Sell consultatively/strategically and make recommendations to prospects and current clients of the various solutions offered.
- Experience in leading B2B sales teams and proven ability to deliver or overachieve on revenue targets
- Experience in managing and flexing a sales team to drive maximum profitability
- Experienced in maintaining customer relationships and customer retention techniques
- Experience in the leadership of customer account growth
- Proven ability to lead and manage a Sales team, instilling an effective Sales culture with high energy for growth
- Strong leadership and sales performance management experience
- Ability to develop relationships at senior levels and manage high value accounts
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident personality, high level of enthusiasm
- Ability to collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders
- University Bachelor’s Degree / University of Applied Sciences qualification
Other Preferred Attributes:
- Sales coaching and leadership qualifications
- Approaches to driving sales performance, gamification and competition
- Experience in managing a team using Salesforce, ideally with implementation experience
- This job description sets out the duties of the position at the time that it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To apply for one of Informa’s opening, please complete an online application at Informa.com.