Informa Markets is among the world’s top Exhibitions organizers, organizing events that enable buyers and sellers in specialist communities to meet face to face, build relationships and conduct business. Informa has a portfolio of more than 200 Exhibitions, serving a number of core verticals.
Informa's Aesthetics Business is a medical education group providing multidisciplinary events, publications and digital content presenting the latest clinical and commercial developments in Aesthetic Medicine.
What We're Looking For:
The Graphic Designer is responsible for the design of various marketing and promotional materials for events and publications, including web, email marketing and social media campaigns, as well as print marketing, editorial design and everything in between. They should possess passion & experience working with and thinking through the interfaces and user experience. Capable of both working within established design guidelines as part of a collaborative team, and also designing collateral proactively with a high level of autonomy. This role collaborates early and often with internal Content, Sales and Marketing teams to see their vision through to completion.
The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, detail-oriented, collaborative, and will be able to design and execute collateral that follows an established style guide, within deadlines. We want someone who can push the boundaries of two-dimensional advertising strategies to design a deeply immersive product experience, aligned with the businesses strategic goals. Light development experience (HTML, CSS), is a plus.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Must provide a strong online portfolio showcasing recent work that illustrates your process of taking ideas from concept to completion.
- Develop and deliver collateral including digital creative, print materials, direct mail, and advertising content.
- Contribute to development of, and deliver editorial layout for brochures and magazine design
- Using proven experience and instincts in social media design and layout, actively and assertively increase engagement and a seamless aesthetic across multiple social channels, with brand integrity and positioning as a priority.
- Develop and implement designs for mobile app platforms,.
- Executing and modifying processes in order to help streamline work, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- interpret and apply existing style guides and brands to various collateral, ensuring brand consistency as well as high impact visual appeal.
- Deliver completed projects within identified timelines and budgets.
- Apply broad knowledge of design skills, project workflows and file/asset management to handle assigned projects with minimal supervision.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Four-year college degree, with at least two year’s additional work experience in a graphic design function.
- Solid working knowledge of Macintosh platform and desktop publishing software such as Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat: as well as Microsoft office including Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be familiar with current social media trends and be able to deliver fresh graphics/video content that are consistent with those trends. Platforms used currently include, but aren’t limited to: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Livestream, Linkedin
- Familiarity with Core-Apps mobile app platform a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Experience Manager website development platform a plus
- Familiarity with video and motion graphics in After Effects / Adobe Premiere Pro / Final Cut a plus
- Computer drawing, illustration, layout, and photo editing skills.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of visual communication and design, including color theory, 2D/3D design, visual organization/composition, information hierarchy, aesthetics, typography, and use of symbols.
- Ability to produce art from ideas and use color to create impact or effect.
- Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal and communications skills both verbal and written, and ability to work in a deadline oriented environment.
- Be able to work within the constraints of strong brand guidelines
- Knowledge of user experience, design standards, optimization and best practices
- Demonstrates flexibility; can re-define role as needed and adapt to change.
- Seeks continuous mastery of new technical and business knowledge and encourages the same in others.
- Identifies and analyzes visual communication problems, successfully describes problems to others, and generates alternative solutions and evaluations of outcomes.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple marketing campaigns in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines
- Interacts professionally and appropriately within a variety of cultures and situations while performing assignments.
- Shares information, cooperates with others, and is comfortable participating as a part of a team.
- Understanding of copyright laws.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and solve problems quickly, decisively, and independently.
Other Preferred Attributes:
- Experience with digital advertising design and deployment
- Experience designing marketing emails (HTML)
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.