DEFENSE INTELLIGENCE RESEARCH ASSISTANT
What we’re looking for:
Aviation Week Network, the world’s top aerospace reporting and analysis firm, has an opening for a data savvy research assistant on the Defense Analytics team who collects, processes, and synthesizes open source intelligence from multiple sources in support of our comprehensive database of the world’s military aircraft.
You are accountable for:
- Tracking military aircraft development, production, and delivery
- Monitoring regional security dynamics
- Collecting data on military aircraft maintenance costs, specifications, and manufacturers
- Contributing to Aviation Week publications, including the flagship Aviation Week & Space Technology
- Writing aircraft program/system descriptions
- Assisting with custom research papers and data visualization projects
What you bring to the team:
- Ideal candidate is a graduate student focusing on Security Studies, Strategic Studies, Military/Defense Studies or International Relations.
- Basic familiarity or interest in military aircraft programs is required
- Additional pluses include:
- Knowledge of military aircraft maintenance procedures
- Previous experience tracking aircraft programs or maintenance spending
- Experience with databases, analysis or visualization tools – Access, Excel, SQL, Python, R, Oracle, Power BI, etc.
- Business-level proficiency in Japanese, Korean, Arabic or other language.
- Familiarity with defense and security issues in the Middle East or Asia Pacific regions.
What we offer:
Frequency: Less than 30 hours a week depending on the schedule and desires of applicant
Duration: 18 months
How to Apply:
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply and supplying the following materials:
- Cover letter (1 pg. max) explaining one’s experience and interest in the position
- Resume (1-2 pg.)
- Informal transcripts
- Writing sample on a defense/ security topic of 1-5 pages. Can be excerpted from a longer work; if so, please preface with a paragraph explaining the context.
What to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.