Within the Brand Family, the Brand Executive’s overarching remit is to support and execute the brand strategy and delivery of a group of events within the Pharma portfolio. Through customer insight and market intelligence, a successful Brand Executive will generate creative ideas that lead to new revenue streams, or simply great experiences for our community, and support the development of these ideas, as well as unify and streamline processes across the group wherever possible.
A strong decision skill-set is required to support brand strategy, and manage the delivery of exciting, innovative customer-centric initiatives, effectively and efficiently, whilst managing internal and external stakeholders.
The role comprises of three key components: excellence and innovation; operational support and building communities & eminence.
Excellence and innovation
- Support on the design and delivery of outstanding, innovative and interactive customer experiences at our events
- Support on the longer term planning of brand strategy, challenging current restrictions in thinking to maintain relevance and increase engagement of an event for the customer
- Support on the interpretation of customer insight, based on industry conversations and data, supported by Marketing and Customer Insights to evolve event relevance and value
- Embody the concept of working successfully within a Matrix Organisation structure, with a positive attitude and commitment to working in the matrix.
- Respond to queries from other departments within a timely manner and acting as the go-to brand person for other departments on a number of core tasks
- Support with the management of the brand P&L, with a particular focus on budget tracking
- Support the Brand Directors/Managers to liaise with Heads of Account Management, Business Development and Key Account Managers to help define the annual financial plan, revenue forecasts and shape initial brand growth targets
- Support the day to day management of relationships with brand joint venture, ensuring the overall brand is represented, connected and being managed globally across geographies. Examples include;
- Sharing updated documents on the Fi & CPhI Global hub groups (intranet) such as event plans, sales brochures, post-show reports etc
- Collating information across departments and geographies to feed into pre-show reports
- Scheduling event meetings across multiple departments and geographies
- Co-ordinating the creation and completion of market presentations with new launches or adjacent market growth opportunities
- Creating and reviewing International stand contracts & T&C’s working closely with sales operations department
- Assist with administrative activities including scheduling meetings, preparing reports and presentations
- Support the formulation and maintenance of brand’s event plans which align with the three-year strategy and liaising with finance on budget preparations
- Support and compile information for the the brand(s) event floor plans, liaising across Sales, Marketing and Sales Operations
- Work closely with sales operations and CRM teams for supporting Brands reporting needs
- Support the management of the overall customer experience creating a strong relationship with the customer service team
Building community and eminence
- Share market knowledge and insight to relevant colleagues, for example:
- Brand; to inform event design and delivery and brand eminence initiatives
- Sales; relaying specific customer sentiments, to inform floor planning, sales techniques, or sales opportunities to relevant sales staff etc.
- Marketing; to inform relevant marketing strategies which guide portfolio-related marketing activity
- Customer Service; to understand and build coordinated comms responses
- Support the Brand Director/Manager by helping to plan and create content for market dialogue to help push the brand agenda and build eminence. Examples may include press comment and thought pieces
- Support the Brand Director/Manager in formulating the delivery of customer-first initiatives
- Monitoring performance of events and products using both financial and customer-centric metrics
ILLUSTRATIVE ROLE METRICS:
- Brand growth in terms of revenue, SQM, customer numbers and visitors
- Existing customer retention, % value from previous year
- Event budget accuracy
- C-SAT, NPS and loyalty (shared KPI with Sales and Marketing)
- Some experience in a B2B market
- Knowledge and interest in relevant industry and brand
- Strong administration skills
- Some experience in developing customer relationships
- Some experience in managing a budget
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident personality, high level of enthusiasm
- University Bachelor’s Degree / University of Applied Sciences qualification
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience of working with Salesforce (CRM) and Marketing Automation systems
This job description sets out the duties of the position at the time that it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed.