Informa’s NEXT Data & Insights Group is a Boulder, Colorado-based advisory & consulting group within Informa Health & Nutrition that helps Health, Wellness and Natural Product innovators maximize their return on innovation investment by using proprietary data, intelligence and insights into what’s NEXT. Our mission: to bring more health to more people; to drive growth and change in our food system, making it more sustainable, socially responsible, conscious, and humane. How we do it: by helping companies of all sizes use market and consumer intelligence to improve the way they do business, make data-driven innovation decisions, prioritize investments and improve decision making. What sets us apart is our use of proprietary data collected at our Natural Products Expos, our industry insider team of journalists, analysts, trend spotters, and our extensive network of industry connections, which collectively enable us to develop forward-looking, predictive solutions.
What we’re looking for:
The NEXT Data & Insights team is seeking a Market Research Manager. The Market Research Manger will work to help design and execute market intelligence and market research projects using a wide array of primary and secondary information sources. Most of our projects utilize a variety of research types to develop a balanced perspective and unique insights into the front end of new product development and innovation. Creative problem solving and the ability to work with an array of qualitative (e.g., trends, expert input, patterns in new product launches), and quantitative inputs (e.g., survey research, scanner data, proprietary databases) is needed in this role.
We are an organization which is passionate about our mission and supporting the growth of the Health, Wellness and Natural Products industry. We are looking for candidates with shared interests and passions; a cover letter which explains your personal and/or professional connection to the industry will be an important consideration in our evaluation of candidates.
We are aiming to fill this position early in Q3 of 2019. Interviews will begin early to mid-June.
You are accountable for:
- Lead and manage projects from design through completion working with clients, contractors, and internal resources.
- Own and lead the execution of traditional survey-based market research projects, sometimes with the help of external resources and sometimes with direct execution of all market research activities (including programming, data processing, analysis and reporting).
- Own and lead the analyses of syndicated data to create insightful category reviews, performance benchmarks, and deep understanding of brand and competitive performance, key drivers and activities.
- Create and manage a natural products trends database designed to integrate qualitative and quantitative data points which will serve as the foundation for NEXT new product development efforts.
- Lead successful engagements and the creation of consultative intelligence and insights deliverables.
- Leverage the full array of New Hope assets and primary data collection and market research to deliver unique value to clients focused on industry intelligence and the front-end of innovation.
- Help to develop and nurture new revenue streams for NEXT.
- Support marketing and sales efforts by creating syndicated market intelligence deliverables, supporting content marketing efforts and scoping and bidding projects.
- Inform and inspire New Hope content creation with the use of market understanding, data and insights.
- Support efforts to integrate NEXT data and insights assets with the broader New Hope content and show businesses.
What you bring to the team:
- Knowledge of the natural products industry either through personal values and lifestyle choices or professional experience.
- 2 to 5 or more years of relevant work experience, either client-side or with a professional services firm.
- Strong data analysis skills
- Experience working in Excel and/or other database including their use for analysis, manipulation and maintenance.
- Exceptional strategic thinking skills with an ability to tie insights back to practical business implications.
- Demonstrated ability to guide the research execution delivering highly actionable results tailored to specific business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and interpret a range of qualitative and quantitative research results to drive unique strategic insights.
- Strong writing skills and a proven ability to write compelling narratives as well as presentation decks to bring insights to life and deliver compelling recommendations.
- Exceptional interpersonal and confident communication skills, including presentations and public speaking.
- Exceptionally well-organized, detail-oriented, quality focused and effective at multi-tasking in a dynamic environment.
- Collaborative, positive attitude with desire to work in a demanding, fast paced, and dynamic work environment for a rapidly growing business.
- Business savvy, analytic mindset and client service orientation
- Entrepreneurial spirit and proactive problem-solving skills and a willingness to ‘figure it out’
- Strong project management and project leadership skills
- Demonstrates passion, ownership and commitment to their work
- Process oriented, yet has the ability to see the bigger picture
- BA or BS in an analytically rigorous discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Market Research, Business Analysis, or Economics. M.B.A. a plus.
- Note: the role may require travel up to once or twice a month
What we offer:
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Employee Discount Program
- Dog friendly office
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply. Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Why Work at Informa?
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com