The Digital Marketing Executive is a dynamic marketer that drives the digital activities of the Marketing team, focusing on Inbound digital marketing.
They are responsible for multiple inbound digital marketing channels including social media (organic and paid), SEO and website maintenance, PPC and mobile. The Digital Marketing Executive will deliver targeted activity to both exhibitors and attendees across a set of events, throughout the complete customer journey all year round.
They are data-led, and proactively look for opportunities to optimise the digital performance. They will strive to increase the quantity and quality of new and existing attendees and exhibitor leads through maximising the effectiveness of our inbound marketing activities.
They are a great relationship builder. The digital marketing executive works closely with the wider digital marketing team as well as key internal stakeholders such as the brand marketing team, copywriters, brand, creative and sales, and will also work closely with paid and affiliate agencies.
The candidate should have some experience in delivering PPC and social media campaigns (paid and organic) as well as a good understanding of SEO optimization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for delivering the PPC, Social Media and web marketing channel plans.
- Maintains websites and improves on organic SEO.
- Co-ordinates search and display activity with other online and offline marketing activity as part of a connected customer contact marketing plan.
- Manages paid and affiliate agencies, drives marketing planning and proactively achieves results.
- Works alongside creatives to develop briefs for display ads and the creation of online assets.
- Produces A/B tests and optimisation plans.
- Monitors and reports on the effectiveness of the inbound marketing campaigns against agreed engagement and delivery targets, and constantly seeks to optimise.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in a digital marketing role
- Highly analytical, with inbuilt curiosity
- Proactive approach to constant analysis and optimisation
- Proven experience of hitting digital channel KPIs
- Experience delivering or coordinating PPC and Paid Social campaigns
- Experience working with external agencies
- Experience working with Web analytics platforms (Adobe Analytics), Content Management Systems systems (Drupal, Adobe Experience Manager), and Landing pages (Unbounce, Eloqua).
- Good understanding of SEO best practices