What we’re looking for:
?The Marketing Manager is responsible for implementing the overall marketing strategy to achieve the core objectives – meeting and exceeding registration, sponsorship and advertising goals, and building and increasing brand awareness for the Aerospce and Defense events. The Marketing Manager must effectively engage and build relationships with previous conference attendees, evaluate the industry to identify potential attendees and new target markets, and develop relationships with potential partners including trade associations and organizations. The Marketing Manager must demonstrate experience and proficiency planning and implementing direct marketing and online marketing campaigns (including direct mail, press releases, online SEO and ad marketing, email, & social media).
You are accountable for:
- Assisting with the development of the annual marketing plan
- Development and implementation of all activities within the marketing plan, including:
- Managing the creation of direct marketing copy and materials, email copy and all online content and registration web page copy
- Creation of HTML templates and execution of email campaigns (through Eloqua) following email best practices
- Market and data segmentation
- Distribution of press releases and building relationships with media to create positive media coverage of conferences on website, products and services
- Utilizing all available tools to track, measure, and analyze marketing initiatives, and provide suggestions for testing and improvement of marketing activities in the future.
- Maintaining the marketing calendars for each conference to ensure deliverables are met on time.
- Managing marketing department finances and operating strictly within individual conference budgets.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going analysis of sales history & trends reports
- Manage outside direct marketing consultant and copywriter providing creative support
Relationships and Roles:
Internal / External Cooperation
- Demonstrate ability to effectively work in a matrix-style organization.
- Must have strong sales and presentation skills with the capability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines and budget constraints.
- Communicate effectively with all technical partners, key stakeholders and marketing teammates.
- Possess experience managing customer and client relationships at the highest professional level.
- Must be goal oriented, flexible, and creative under pressure - often while juggling several projects at once.
- Expert knowledge of current marketing trends and multimedia platforms is essential.
- Have strong leadership skills with the capacity to train and motivate team members.
- Take initiative while using a common sense approach to problem solving.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelors in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field required.
- 7+ years working marketing experience required. Media work experience preferred.
- Proficient with all Microsoft office products.
- Knowledge of aviation and/or manufacturing/ supply chain industries a plus.
- Working knowledge of marketing automation and CRM, along with analytics tools (Eloqua, SalesForce or Omniture) a plus.
What we offer:
Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
401K and Matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous PTO policy
Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
What to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!