Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion trade events such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, FN PLATFORM and CHILDREN'S CLUB. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic events will translate into stronger events for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised events, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, UBM Fashion serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas and Japan. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, accessories, and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
What we’re looking for:
Responsible for retention business and new customer/business in the Informa men’s fashion portfolio (PROJECT, MRKet and MAGIC trade events). Responsible for outside sales; pursues new customers/new business. Maintains strong relationships with retention business and identifies new sales opportunities, creates strategy for pursuing targets and is ultimately responsible for closing sales to all levels of customers. Services inbound calls and lead generations for new customers and manages all retention/new business for assigned categories and/or communities. Sells the overall concept of assigned events. Must achieve sales goals as assigned for retention and new business customers, tracking self-performance via Salesforce.com dashboards.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Conducts sales calls, emails and face-to-face meetings with potential new exhibitors and retention accounts; receives calls from and supports them through the order and account management process along with addressing concerns and issues. Responsible for customer service for the entire event cycle, including completing the online contract applications and subsequent onboarding processes.
- Responsible for servicing and maintaining retention customers as well as pursuing and strategizing around retention customers that are not returning.
- Sells the overall concept of the men’s fashion portfolio; tracks self-performance to goals via Salesforce.com.
- Sells potential accounts into correct sections within event floor and manages expectations in regard to floor positioning.
- Performs extensive marketplace research and develops sales strategies accordingly including call, email and field meetings; research client needs and create a one-stop solution to their marketing and sales strategy. Meets with Head of Sales during event cycle to develop category-specific sales presentations and packages, capitalizing on market trends and their direction.
- Maintains strong industry credibility through visible attendance at trade events and other product presentations, staying up to date on new developments and technologies and communicating this information to both key existing accounts and potential new accounts. Contributes to research efforts in new products.
- Maintains Salesforce.com customer database for accuracy and exceptional notes; conducts data clean-up each event cycle and on-going maintenance per policies. Actively maintains sales pipeline opportunity stages so that the pipeline is a true and accurate indicator of prospects’ statuses; utilizes pipeline reports to provide sales forecasts to management.
- Works with CRM Salesforce team in continuous improvement efforts and troubleshooting Salesforce.com issues; attends and contributes to system improvement review meetings. Maintains accuracy of brand information understanding the information is downloaded for event directories.
- Performs additional duties on event site, including but not limited to: helps ensure freight is accurately delivered, works with EACs and Operations to resolve set-up issues, reviews aisle signage, banners and booth locations for accuracy, collects unpaid balances from exhibitors, meets with all assigned exhibitors to ensure outstanding customer service, assists floor managers with taking pictures of all exhibitors, delivers violations if required, collects testimonials and prevents early teardown.
- Works with President/Head of Sales to properly merchandise the exhibitor floorplan to ensure maximum compliance with internal merchandising strategies and brands’ specific booth request.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least three years sales experience.
- Fashion industry experience a must.
- Individual must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Proficient with experience in MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Salesforce.com and other software packages.
Other Key Success Attributes:
- Experience in a B2B sales, media or information services environment a plus.
- Wholesale fashion sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of applying trade event sales strategy to campaigns is extremely valuable.
- Understands issues relevant to the Fashion market and industry.
- Listens to and understands customers and supplier expectations, needs and wants.
- Anticipates and responds to potential opportunities and threats for the business relevant to the conditions of the market and industry.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.